Graphic Cards Sapphire Warranty

pinaka

Disciple
Hey dudes!
My first post here, but I am facing a little issue with warranty.
I bought Sapphire 4870 in 2008 locally. The card is from Aditya Infotech and it died on me this week.
I took it to the service center. I was told by the dealer that warranty is 3 years.
But I was told while RMAing that actually warranty is 2 years for parts + labour and 3rd year warranty is only on labour.
Why is this not made clear at the time of purchase. Even today the dealers dont tell this while purchasing.
I called Aditya infotech number and I was told to call tomorrow :no:
When I told my dealer to check into it, he says oh yeah that might be in fine prints of warranty for Sapphire cards.
I tried to search about this on Aditya Infotech website but no luck.
What to do now?
Basically if the GPU is dead, they cant do anything. If it can be repaired by replacing some component on the card, then basically I am suppose to pay for it.

I will be upgrading anyway, but this now puts me off from buying Sapphire 6850. I would rather go Nvidia card maker which offers 3 years warranty. or someone else like Asus if they offer 3 years warranty.

Create a support ticket and send it to Sapphire to describing the details including snaps of the package and the scan of the bill. Do inform them that Aditya Infotech denied warranty stating the 3rd year was only for labor and not parts.

Link - SAPPHIRE - SUPPORT

They are pretty quick w.r.t the response. :)

I got the response to my query to Sapphire support today.

The email said the local terms and conditions needs to be checked with local distributor and if I want the support from Sapphire directly, its for 2 years only from the date of purchase :(

This is turning real sh1t

Could the TE dealers of Sapphire please check with the distri and inform us the correct warranty terms for Sapphire cards

This is sad. Then who else is left with 3 years warranty from service center? MSI, Asus(Rashi), XFX(Rashi), HIS (straight from distri)? If this is the case then its better to buy competitors cards that offer 3 years of labor+parts. Why arent the dealers mentioning these details beforehand(Newegg has seperate parts and labor warranties mentioned)

Box only has import date, name of importer, model no, MRP and telephone numbers. It does not have the warranty information on the sticker. I talked to few more dealers today pretending to inquire about the purchase of new card.

I asked 3 dealers in lamington, 1 in andheri and 1 in borivali and after asking for details I was informed that warranty is only 2 years and 3rd year is labour only as told to me before. Only 1 dealer gave this information upfront and told that this is the case. Rest kept saying warranty is 3 years, its only when I pushed for warranty details, I was ignored by 2 dealers at lamington. One guy called someone up and confirmed what was told to me. I will not disclose name of this dealer for obvious reasons. But its glad to see at least someone is honest even in today's world, that too in Mumbai.

It looks like dealers do not inform the end user properly. The dealer which confirmed this said that see, they added 3rd year labour just as a marketing gimmick to show they have comparable 3 year warranty like competitors at the beginning of this year. They are basically trying to push their product under the mask of false warranty advertisement.

I am not mad about having bought the product with 2 year warranty, I was ready to throw away this GPU or keep it as backup anyway. But what makes me mad is that Dealers and distributors playing tricks like this to fool people into thinking that they are offering 3 year warranty on a product which effectively has only 2 year warranty.

Now this explains why Sapphire cards are priced cheaper than MSI and Asus :mad:

Can someone from some other city please confirm this with the dealers they know?

This was my confusion too! I checked Aditya Infotech's site once, and it was mentioned there that Sapphire's warranty is 2 years, but I felt that was fishy, because every dealer here posts 3 years, and so do members in there deals. I was confused first, now I am sure its 2. :/ Sad, but anyways, I'll take two years of Sapphire any day over 5 years of Rashi! let alone 3.

Pernicious said:
This was my confusion too! I checked Aditya Infotech's site once, and it was mentioned there that Sapphire's warranty is 2 years, but I felt that was fishy, because every dealer here posts 3 years, and so do members in there deals. I was confused first, now I am sure its 2. :/ Sad, but anyways, I'll take two years of Sapphire any day over 5 years of Rashi! let alone 3.
"Basically if the GPU is dead, they cant do anything. If it can be repaired by replacing some component on the card, then basically I am suppose to pay for it."

Pls read 1st post carefully .

Asus offers 3 years labor+parts warranty in US (Proof: Newegg). So i guess same should apply here. Whereas MSI offers 3 years parts and 2 years labor :S

Sapphire provides only 2 yrs warranty in US and all this while we thought it provides 3 yrs complete warranty in India coz dealers advertised so. But now suddenly this issue crops up. If this is really the case that they provide only labor for 3rd year i am never recommending another sapphire to anyone anytime soon. A$$ holes.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Newegg.com - MSI N460GTX Hawk GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Newegg.com - ASUS EAH6850 DirectCU/2DIS/1GD5 Radeon HD 6850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity

Dang! Its a mess. I was under impression that sapphire carried 2 yrs warranty when I was selling my 5770s. I mentioned the same in my market thread. Then I was informed by someone that they now offer 3 yrs and hence I sold it stating it has 3 yrs warranty. And now this. I feel bad for the guys who bought it from me under impression that it has 3 yrs warranty. Makes me feel little guilty for not confirming this at that time.

I know for sure that Asus has 3 years warranty. MSI terms are not known to me. I can say for sure that HIS will carry 3 yrs warranty in India inclusive of parts and labour on defective cards.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

And when Freaky asked me about this, I thought this was an issue relating to only the cards I had got him from Thailand. Crap, I'd refrain from buying a Sapphire card now.

Back