Graphic Cards Sapphire Warranty

Shripad said:
Dang! Its a mess. I was under impression that sapphire carried 2 yrs warranty when I was selling my 5770s. I mentioned the same in my market thread. Then I was informed by someone that they now offer 3 yrs and hence I sold it stating it has 3 yrs warranty. And now this. I feel bad for the guys who bought it from me under impression that it has 3 yrs warranty. Makes me feel little guilty for not confirming this at that time.

I know for sure that Asus has 3 years warranty. MSI terms are not known to me. I can say for sure that HIS will carry 3 yrs warranty in India inclusive of parts and labour on defective cards.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Not ur fault buddy. All the dealers in the forum said Sapphire GPUs had 3 yrs warranty in their threads(May be even they were unaware of the fine print). But if the dealers were aware of it then i would say its shame on them too for not specifically mentioned it to the customers.

Does XFX have 3 years parts+labor in India? Asus and XFX are serviced by Rashi, right? How good is the service for the two brands in India.

MSI and Gigabyte have full 3 years of warranty on their GPUs irrespective of it being ATi/Nvidia which means anything that goes wrong in 3 years from the date of the purchase of the gpu will be repaired or replaced no questions asked provided the bill/proof of purchase is produced at the service center.

I think you should pay to fix it unless its some major amount,and you can sell it too,if your upgrading,BTW-anyone knows duration of palit warranty,because it was advertised 3 years,but i don know anything about parts or labor??

^^ I think he has mentioned that his GPU is dead (chip has issues ) which means there is no chance of repair in OP's case.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

joel.monty said:
I think you should pay to fix it unless its some major amount,and you can sell it too,if your upgrading,BTW-anyone knows duration of palit warranty,because it was advertised 3 years,but i don know anything about parts or labor??
Palit offers two years warranty according to dealer threads and it offers 1 more year of paid warranty if u pay a certain amount upfront(price for extended warranty depends on GPU i guess)

Rashi's ASS sucks, sucks being an understatement! I have very bad experience with a XFX card, which was said its out of warranty because of some caps got blown on its own, and they said its physical damage so out of warranty! within 8 months of purchase. Their 3 years doesn't mean shit :/

There goes Sapphire down the drain

All this while, every dealer advertised this brand with 3 years warranty and none have mentioned the fine print

and what this BS about parts and labor etc...its definitely a deliberate coy to mislead buyers. Either provide warranty for that year or not.

This parts and labor concept wont work in India, specially for gfx card, being a complex component, chance of repair is almost negligent. so its safe to assume the warranty as only 2 years

Now that can is opened, how many other products and brands have this sort of nonsense hidden in their terms

What about Corsair, they are advertised as PSU - 5/7 years and RAMs - 10 years

Are they comprehensive or some sort of this sh1t hidden in it

WTF, I got my Sapphire HD3650 AGP 8x directly from Aditya Infotech.:( & now it has only 2 years.

Now I am really starting to love Zotac. Their extended warranty seems to be useful.:cool2:

harishgayatri said:
WTF, I got my Sapphire HD3650 AGP 8x directly from Aditya Infotech.:( & now it has only 2 years.

Now I am really starting to love Zotac. Their extended warranty seems to be useful.:cool2:
Not sure whether the +3 years would be labor only warranty :p PPl are not even sure where to take the card in case of RMA in the extended warranty period.

Still, it don't see any dealer stepping in here to clarify this. Which other products have similar 'conditions apply' crap etc...

bumping this thread

Spectre said:
Still, it don't see any dealer stepping in here to clarify this. Which other products have similar 'conditions apply' crap etc...

bumping this thread
Its sad, but I dont think they will admit to this and risk loosing their sales. All these old distributors constantly push the dealers to do certain amount of sales which they have to. So I doubt they will clarify about this in public and admit to the fact that they misled the customers for so long knowingly or unknowingly. If this was not true, someone would have jumped on it by now. I know for the fact that many dealers didnt actually know about this, but it still surprises me the attitude of so many dealers at lamington road and other big shops. No one seems to care about getting warranty terms clarified from the distributor. Barring one dealer, no one even cares about providing proper RMA to the customer. The entire model is sadly a big joke. Still people keep purchasing from same dealers and distributors due to lack of knowledge and lack of options.

I went to lamington again in the search of GPU couple of days back and nobody there knew about terms of additional 3 year warranty on Zotac cards. I searched here on TE but only found promises from Zotac rep that additional warranty will be processed in India, but still not details about how we actually go about claiming the 2 year additional warranty. As far as dealers are concerned, they say you contact zotac for any after sales service.

Gigabyte cards were nowhere to be found.

MSI were expensive and not in stock with many dealers here. When I asked specifically for MSI cards, I was told by many dealers that their after sales in last 1-2 years have gone down the drain and I should take Asus or XFX instead. ( I dont know how to react to this looking at sentiments of people on this forum about Rashi).

So everyone has problems. Do we really have any better choice? I would rather give my money to a dealer / distributor or brand which I can trust. At least to someone who I can hope will not or has not made same mistakes like this. I know its a long rant, but its frustrating sometimes. :( I bought Sapphire as they were suppose to be biggest and best when it comes to ATI partners and Aditya are known to be relatively less painful RMA than other distributors, and still I ended up with this issue.

I really wanted to buy new card immediately, but I will hold on and study the market for few days rather than just go out and spend my saved money in an impulse like I did last time.

Only the good brand XFX is left.

They dominating in market with their Nvidia and Ati cards.

Every shop is flooded with XFX and fcking Palit card in Kolkata.

If u don't want Palit then every dealer/shop keeper will recomend u XFX.....:(

Asus still hard to find in Kolkata though.

MSI and EVGA hardly available and they are damm expensive.

But,the problem with Rashi and Kolkata is not an exception too.....:(

the sapphire site states only two years warranty from distributor.. who changed it?? even newegg changed it from 2+1 to plain 2 years now...

Damn, just bought a Sapphire HD 5770 on 5th Jan from theitwares.. they state the warranty to be of 3 years on this card...if only i had visited this thread earlier... :(

This is bad news indeed, I went for the Sapphire 5770 instead of the MSI HAWK since it was unavailable. Never regretted the purchase till now, after reading this warranty farce!! I don't mind 2 yrs of warranty but I don't like getting taken for a ride either!

Got Private Message from dvdstores dealer. He has given contact details of person in delhi.

My card is RMAed in Mumbai, but I will see if that person can help. Here its been more than 3 weeks and after initial snub I am yet to get the card back. Hoping they honor 3 year warranty and give me replacement, but my patience is running out. I will be buying 6870 in couple of days. Gaming on IGP is no fun.

Bumping an old thread. But what happened to OPs RMA?

What is the current state of warranty for Sapphire products? 2+1 or 2 or 3? I still hear from dealers in Bangalore that Sapphire offers 3 years warranty but not sure about the terms and conditions.

Oh.... oh.... this is not good....
<
<

Back