Storage Solutions SATA 500GB SSD Suggestions

Dear Members, Please suggest which is the BEST 500 GB SSD for Lenovo i5-8Gen, 8gb RAM;
Crucial BX 500
Crucial MX 500
WD Blue SA510
Samsung 870 EVO
If Samsung is the Best, Is It worth to Rs 1000 Extra with respect to BX 500 ?

For the laptop in question, no.
The Samsung one has higher endurance and DRAM which is why it's more expensive, the BX 500 is an entry level model.

I prefer the mx500 too, forgot the reasons why lol maybe good balance of price to performance.

Is onlyssd.com sister website of prime abgb still a good place to buy?

Dear Members, Please suggest which is the BEST 500 GB SSD for Lenovo i5-8Gen, 8gb RAM;
Crucial BX 500
Crucial MX 500
WD Blue SA510
Samsung 870 EVO
If Samsung is the Best, Is It worth to Rs 1000 Extra with respect to BX 500 ?
either samsung or MX 500 as it has dram

Is onlyssd.com sister website of prime abgb still a good place to buy?
Ya. At least if you live in Mumbai;) .I ordered a BX500 for my test system. Got it next morning, 7.30am no jokes, by Blue Dart.

EDIT : The BX500 256GB was ₹ 1225 or close. Cheaper than Amazon.
EDIT2 : BX500 500GB is ₹ 2049

Last edited:
Slightly OT : Does Amazon India have a 'Prime Day' ? If so, are there any good deals on SSDs ?
Prime Day next month. I also need a MX500 500GB.

Rather than creating a new thread, I want to ask here again:
I am planning to buy either WD SA510 or Crucial MX500.
I have seen one reddit thread where they have mentioned that Crucial has deteriorated the drive (high failure rates)

I am confused with which drive to go for.
Rather than creating a new thread, I want to ask here again:
I am planning to buy either WD SA510 or Crucial MX500.
I have seen one reddit thread where they have mentioned that Crucial has deteriorated the drive (high failure rates)

I am confused with which drive to go for.
Also it is 1TB capacity

Just my two cents.

Please go with MX500 or similar. The lil bit of extra cost is outweighed by the consistent performance of a DRAM ssd. I know you can buy SSDs for cheap now days but 4 cheap SSDs and a lot of wasted time later I bought MX500 and damn that thing outperforms an NVME ssd in sustained writes.

WD SA510, I can not find a solid proof that this drive has DRAM (Newmaxx SSD sheet has inconsistent info on this drive). However if it has a DRAM then buy whichever is cheaper. WD uses sandisk chips anyway and they are good. Both sandisk and micron are made in same foundry anyway....

Regarding samsung...yes every penny of that extra INR 1000 is worth it. However, MX500 and similar sata SSDs from major vendors perform similar so if you are not doing anything professional you can use these SSDs.

Last edited:
Back