Satirist, actor Jaspal Bhatti dies in road accident

Film actor and satirist Jaspal Bhatti died in a road accident near Jalandhar on early Thursday.

The car in which the 57 year old actor, director was travelling hit a roadside tree near Shahkot in Nakodar area of the district around 1am, Bhatti's associate Vinod Sharma told PTI in Chandigarh.

Sharma said that Bhatti was going to Jalandhar from Bhatinda for the promotion of his Punjabi film Power Cut scheduled to be released on Friday.

Bhatti's son Jasraj, who was driving the car and film's heroine Surilie Gautam were injured and rushed to a hospital at Jalandhar.

Sharma said that Bhatti had been traveling during past few days for the promotion of his new film.

The cremation is expected to take place later this evening after his body is brought here after completion of various legal formalities, including post-mortem, Sharma said.

Bhatti leaves behind his wife Savita, a son and a daughter.

Source

This is a huge blow.
I respected the fellow for being such a great innovator. Words fail me to describe his talent. His work was always refreshing and classy.

Rest In Peace Bhatti Sahab.
I hope you bring loads of laughter wherever you go.

RIP Jaspal Bhatti. A really sad week this is.

OT:
Bhatti's son Jasraj, who was driving the car and film's heroine Surilie Gautam were injured and rushed to a hospital at Jalandhar.

TIL that she is Yami Gautam's sister who is making her debut with this movie.

Damn this month has been a sordid one. First Yash Chopra, then one of my most respected and loved Bengali authors Sunil Gangopadhyay and now Jaspal Bhatti. RIP. :(

46224_536163186397218_445299398_n.jpg

I have the collection of flop show and whenever i watch it again it doesnt look of old generation.

It still feels the same even after all this cable revolution.

A true satirist who hit with his performance the hardest way and still making a dent.

Jaspalji you will always have a special place in our heart.

http://www.jaspalbhatti.com/

Very Sad news. :( I was shocked to see this. Flop Show will always remain a timeless show. It was genuinely funny, unlike the garbage that is on TV nowadays. Then there were his other famous stunts like asking for police protection because he was going to buy a kilo of onions! This guy a genius at using satire to comment on the society.

May he rest in peace and may his family have the strength to cope with this loss. I read that his son was also injured in the same accident. Hopefully he is out of danger and may he recover from this.

RIP, He was the one who enlightened indian public about another angle of protest besides bandh and strikes.

Back