SBI account holders need help

MAGNeT

Skilled
Well i have 3 sbi family accounts and i just noticed than for all accounts they have deducted 168.54 rupees as annual atm card charges each.
I have international debit cum shopper card.
On SBI site i see annual charges as 102.But in my case it looks like they have charges me 150 + service tax at 12.36% rate.
Already i am dissatisfied with their branch service(its damn shit).
I need to confirm whether i was charged correctly or they are looting me.

Attachments

• sbi.jpg
    sbi.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
Deducted from mine too recently.

I think you have the silver card like me..

Saw the screen shot, yes u have silver card.. If u don't want it block and surrender.. No more atm charges.

Deducted from mine too recently.

I think you have the silver card like me..

Saw the screen shot, yes u have silver card.. If u don't want it block and surrender.. No more atm charges.
Are you sure(regarding surrender)?I plan to visit the branch tomorrow.
By the way no where on the site they mention about same whereas they should be clean about it.I was checking ICICI and AXIS site and they are much easy to transact and search.
Most surprising part is state bank of patiala is much better that sbi site.
Also SBP is a subsidiary of state bank and it clearly charges the same 102 + some tax whereas we paying 150+tax.Plus for all type of card the charges look same.
Actually the reason behind opening this account was they were not ready to entertain my PPF request untill i open a deposit account.and now wasting 600 plus annually of B.S charges is whats hitting me.

Last edited:
@MAGNeT - Until last year i had a Maestro card and i was charged Rs 100 but then i opted for VISA Debit card and this time i am charged 168.54 i.e same as your case
I was told that i will be charged 100 annually, wanted to go to the branch but wasnt getting time, will try to go tomorrow

There is something which we are really missing.
Another subsidary site.
http://www.statebankoftravancore.com/home.htm
Also here clearly its mentioned atm charges for maintaining even platinum card is 100 per annum.
So definitely charging 150 just for being the card to be a silver is out of question.

Also i see some post on consumercompaliant from goa and other where similar charges were deducted.
I surely will ask it and if i dont get proper reply surely i will raise the issue with moneylife magazine .

Last edited:
Well my branch is opposite my building, I too upgraded from a maestro card.. If the charges are wrong.. Ill pay a visit tomorrow too..

I guess i figure it out..Most probably they have charged for 18 months.
My account was open on 24th september 2012...Till September 2013 no charge.From sep 2013 to feb 2014 50 buks and 100 from feb 2014 till feb 2015.
Though i will surely love to hear from the horse mouth.Also raising an online complaint here
https://prepaid.onlinesbi.com/CMS/

I too have the basic one(the old Maestro card).
I've been paying 112.36 as ATM charge which is deducted annually & Rs.15(Rs.5 per month) for sms facility deducted at the end of each quarter.

From SBI website , these are the applicable charges (goto https://www.sbi.co.in/user.htm click on Service Charges & Fees, then select service charges WEF 30.12.2013)

1 Classic: 100+ ST

2 Silver/Global/ Gold excluding those under CITU: Rs.150/- + ST

3 Yuva Card: 150/- + ST

4 Gold: Rs. 150/- + ST

5 Platinum: 200/- +ST

6 Business Debit Card: Rs. 300/- + ST

Thanks theoracle.WHats the point of putting 2 link of different charge when they change it in December and thats the latest.
Today i visited the branch.The lady said since its a shopping card 50 rupees extra is charged.Also she said the charges changed recently so it will take time to reflect on site.

Anyways i am waiting for HDFC to start online PPF account.Once its done i will close SBI account.Really Its a pain for every stuff one needs to visit branch .And its always like fish market or they are on strike or their ATM never works.

Attachments

• sbi.jpg
    sbi.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 541
I guess i figure it out..Most probably they have charged for 18 months.
My account was open on 24th september 2012...Till September 2013 no charge.From sep 2013 to feb 2014 50 buks and 100 from feb 2014 till feb 2015.
Though i will surely love to hear from the horse mouth.Also raising an online complaint here
https://prepaid.onlinesbi.com/CMS/

But I think, SBI doesn't charge for ATM for the first year.
Guess, you have to pay a visit to your branch.[DOUBLEPOST=1392534970][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh no!, I have two SBI ATM cards. I have to stop one of them!! :eek:

I dint want to create a new thread for a small query so posting it here

I have added a beneficiary in my SBI a/c for transfer via neft for a amount of rs16000/-
I am getting this error -
You cannot schedule a transaction for a new interbank beneficiary for five days from the date of activation.

Anyone knows whats wrong ? never heard about any such issue :(

I dint want to create a new thread for a small query so posting it here

I have added a beneficiary in my SBI a/c for transfer via neft for a amount of rs16000/-
I am getting this error -
You cannot schedule a transaction for a new interbank beneficiary for five days from the date of activation.

Anyone knows whats wrong ? never heard about any such issue :(

There is no issue here. It simply means that after adding a beneficiary, you need to wait for at least 5 days before you can do a transfer to the beneficiary. Various banks have different restrictions. HDFC, I believe, has a 1 day restriction. Banks like ICICI do not have any restriction. You can add a beneficiary and then transfer immediately.

Damn, thats bad :(
5days restriction is too much i guess, never mind, i will have to do a cash deposit i guess
Thanks doc :)

Back