Sbi atm transaction and mobile alert

deep16

Adept
Is there any mobile alert facilty after debiting amount by sbi atm card ? i get alert in my number after internet banking but not in sbi atm .

ya there is such a facility,talk to your branch.

but i guess that this system is glitchy since my bro sometimes gets the msg n sometimes he doesn't,wonder what's up with that!

demonic said:
ya there is such a facility,talk to your branch.

but i guess that this system is glitchy since my bro sometimes gets the msg n sometimes he doesn't,wonder what's up with that!

Are you sure buddy ? asking for confirming .

@deep16 , if you have activated Internet banking then, that service is activated by default.

in my case sometimes i do get sms after withdrawing money from ATM, but not every time, i guess its due to slow sms service from the bank

CA50 said:
@deep16 , if you have activated Internet banking then, that service is activated by default.

in my case sometimes i do get sms after withdrawing money from ATM, but not every time, i guess its due to slow sms service from the bank

actually dude sms alert after internet banking is instant but i donot get any alert after atm debit.

May be you can contact your branch, i too get sms related to my internet backing transaction.

And regarding the ATM transaction, sometimes (a bit rare) i get sms stating my balance after withdrawal.

I get the messages almost instantly for ATM transactions, every withdrawal of any amount and for every deposit above 5k.

However I recieve sms quite late when i pay my hostel fees etc via ATM

You get sms notifications for any amount you withdraw. I haven't even activited net banking/mobile banking on my account, but still I get all withdrawl / POS (point of sale, say swiping) alerts instantly. When I withdraw cash from ATM, I get alert msg before reciept comes out :tongue: :eek:hyeah: I just registered my no through ATM, thats it :).

I activated internet banking and from that a/c i activated those alerts. If you dont want the facility of net banking you can still avail the alerts by vising your bank. Yesterday i withdrew 100 bucks and for that too i got instant sms saying your a/c bal is xyz of ur xyz a/c etc. Asometimes due to technical issues you might not get the alerts or it may be received late so no need to worry. but if its happening on regular basis you must rectify by visiting the bank and it usually take 48 hrs t0o solve the problem.

Same. I get a message notification almost instantly, as soon as I withdraw any amount of cash or do an Internet banking transaction.

JuGGa said:
You get sms notifications for any amount you withdraw. I haven't even activited net banking/mobile banking on my account, but still I get all withdrawl / POS (point of sale, say swiping) alerts instantly. When I withdraw cash from ATM, I get alert msg before reciept comes out :tongue: :eek:hyeah: I just registered my no through ATM, thats it :).

+1, Even i get sms notification for any amount and also the sms is received even before the receipt comes out :eek:hyeah:

@op: register your phone number through ATM.

If I am already using Net Banking services and receive all the alerts via SMS, do I still have to register my mobile via an ATM to get the ATM withdrawal notifications?

Absolutely not. If your mobile/phone banking is activated, then you'll automatically get the alerts for your ATM/POS transactions. Plus, the alerts which user gets just by registering from ATM doesn't shows your remaining balance. It just shows the amount withdrawn and from which ATM. Also, registering from ATM was required for getting the 3D secure code (in early days, I don't think they require it now). And though I had registered almost a year back, I never got my secure code :p Then I created from SBI site :D

That's right, just register your number at ATM and you'll get SMS Alerts for the amount withdrawn.

I always get how much I've withdrawn along with the ATM Address after the transaction. Sometimes it's fast and sometimes I get it after few mins.

Back