Audio Schmucks at Mp4Nation

As some of you might be aware that after deliberation i ordered a S:Flo2 bundle from MP4nation on 30th December 2010 and opted for EMS shipping for the same.
Even after 17 days i.e. today they havent shipped out the order giving lame excuses that they have sent the Parcel to HK Mail but havent recieved tracking etc. So now after talking with them they have agreed to give a Refund.
Now i am in a confusion whether to go in for a Refund or wait for some more time to get the tracking updated etc(i.e. wait for them to actually ship it). After going through the thread in Head-Fi i got the feeling that they actually do ship out the products but they take a extremely large amount of time to do it but this is mostly for the Earphones and not S:Flo2.
I mean i have waited for 17 days as it is another 10 -15 days wont hurt but a delay beyond it would not be unacceptable.So what do you guys suggest i do?

whats 30 more days when you have dwaited 30 dasys aleready , thats my funda !

I would have been hairless by now if i was not patient.

My Sflo reached me 4 months after tehy were first shipped .
My Hm602 reached me 2.5 months after.
My miracle order still is not here , It has b een around 2.5 months since i sent the iompressions and 3 months since i have paid.

So my friend my sugestion for ge full refund ( the currency conversionyou is that you wait. as you wont will take away some , and also they might deduct shipping charges )

The only downside with that funda is after waiting for 30 more days it will "You have waited for 2 months whats another 2 months " :p :p
Also i guess you were in the Pre Order stage for both the Products where as i ordered it while it was in stock. Will ask them about the Refund Amount though.

Only HM602+re262 was in preorder stage.

THey shipped Sflo approx 6 Days after i paid. , yet it reached me after 4 months, ( well their part was just 2.8 months, the rest 1.2 months it took to reach me , from delhi , but still , in the end i had to wait 4 months :) )

Thats what... In Head Fi its like a Known issue with them, They say that they have shipped out on x Date but the Post office shows the actual Date which is like .5-1 month more than the date given by these folks.

I had waited for a good two months for my unit to arrive.

Yours should arrive sometime in late feb or march owing to the Chinese New year coming up.

They have a long vacation and the post offices are pretty choked up during that time.

Makes it just more special doesn't it ;)

When i had plans to buy Sflo2 , 6 months back , there was someone selling them at 6K on ebay.in , for the 2 gb one ..i was a bit greedy then so ordered the combo. :(

bennysachdev said:
I had waited for a good two months for my unit to arrive.
Yours should arrive sometime in late feb or march owing to the Chinese New year coming up.
They have a long vacation and the post offices are pretty choked up during that time.

Makes it just more special doesn't it ;)
Thanks for the insight Benny. I guess due to the New Year rush there will additional Delays in getting the product, so it looks like Mid March to me now :(

The thing is that Cowon D3 and X7 both have been big failures from the initial Reports. So i doubt i have any other choice left in the matter but to wait since there arnt gonna be any other new players in the market for a while too.

What is "failure " as per you?

you said you dont want loads of features like Browsing , WIfi, etc.

its on that Feature part a new Player like D3 is valued in general.

Sound Quality Does not play Much importance in these reviews. CNET still rates iPOD touch the best among all players , ALL.

You will have to waid for some time to get SQ impressions. BUT DONT expect it to surpass Sflo/HM-X0X. the thing is these high quality opamps consume Much more power than normal opamps, that's why Company's sacrifice SQ for Battery life.

( fiio representative at Headfi said they could make a DAP with 100 Hrs battery life , but the sound quality will be horrible then )

Stuttering Video Playback, Audio files taking upto 7 seconds to open, no gapless. The Entire UI is buggy and laggy as hell. There is an initial Impressions thread on Head-fi and ABIPOD to support these claims, thats the reason why people arnt recommending this to anyone as of now, Most of the people have confimed that SQ of D3 way off from that of the J3. D3 is more in line with the O and V series from Cowon rather the S9,J3 types.
The whole thing boils down to the fact that why should i pay 18K for a poorly implemented product?(not to mention that i can get a similar buggy,laggy performance from an 10K S:Flo2 which sounds much better than this.). People have already started counting towards a D4 if its an indication of Anything.
For X7 just refer to the Pics put up in Head-Fi which compare it to an Ipod Touch. The size difference is astonishing, i doubt you would be able to place that thing in your pocket.

Well to be honest, i never digg-ed at cowon high-end players, just the D2/+ appealed to me .
Cause, if i were to spend say 11K on J3/D3/cowon XYZ, i would save for 1-2 months and get sony X , simple , its a lot better, in SQ, Screen is OrLED, Great UI, Great Battery life and "its a sony" !

Sflo2 with flac playback with inbuilt LO > sony X sans flac support costing much more.
Most of the users on the Sflo2 impressions thread on head-fi(which i've been following from almost the start) have complained about the UI but learnt how to deal with it. Some of them are users who have sold they're J3 and moved to the sflo2 or still own they're cowon player but still prefer the Sflo2.

Reference:
S:flo2 impressions thread - Page 193 - Head-Fi.org Community

Well Good News ,

We Are Going To Get Teclast T51 Directly From Teclast With Local Warranty .S:Flo2 is Nothing But a Rebranded Teclast T51

You have to be careful there Amarbir while providing local warranty for the Telcast T51. Not to scare any one off but they do have a lotta ppl complaining about the bad after sales service provided by Telcast.
So if a person who buys the T51 from you has to send it to you for replacement and you send it to Telcast. If telcast doesn't return the unit for 2months, its your rep at stake here. So be prepared Amarbir.

I think i'm the only person in the world who found the UI of the Sflo2 to be okay (i have an ipod touch 3rd gen too, if it makes any difference). Yes, it takes some getting used to and its battery life is only ~ 8.5 hours for songs but i dont give a crap now. It plays DVD rips smoothly, has a big screen (which is pretty decent) and after updating the FW, it runs fine (its been a couple of months since it last froze) though scrolling sucks which can be compensated to some extent by creating lots of folders. Not to mention that its build is pretty damn solid and runs flawlessly even after being dropped quite a few times.

PS - You can use the LO and HO together too so its good when you want others to listen to the same song. It does all i want a 6k device to do, so dont expect it to be as good as a 15k ipod.

PPS - Sorry for the off topic rant OP

Back