School Trip accommodation @ Chennai?

observer

Disciple
A School trip(study/field trip) scheduled for first week of Feb 2014 to Chennai. My children are part of the trip. We (parents on behalf of school) are looking out for budget accommodation near Mahabalipuram. The total no of pax are 130 i.e 108 children (boys and girls) age 11-12, and rest, accompanying Teachers, Parents and staff.
Basic requirements are like
Safety
Hygienic accommodation
Non-AC rooms
Neat clean ventilated rooms
24hrs water supply
Vegetarian food only (or if they can provide us with kitchen to prepare our own food)

I have searched over the net but could not find any convincing place. Typically the listing was like Shiva guest house, Vinodhara guest house etc..
Many suggested that Mahabalipuram is not the right area for this kind of accommodation.

Looking forward for valued suggestions from forum members...

Thanks

Mahabalipuram is just a small tourist spot and that place is basically like a very small town. Finding a single place with accomodation for 130pax is not going to be easy. There are some decent places like TTDC resort, Hotel Mamalla and Golden sun resorts (these are within 5kms from mahabs) but it depends on your budget. Food in Mahabs is going to be expensive.

vpraveenis, thanks for the information. Which alternative location we should try to suit our purpose? Most study sites chosen seem to be on outskirts, so to cut down on traveling time and expense, Mahabalipuram is an option.

vpraveenis, thanks for the information. Which alternative location we should try to suit our purpose? Most study sites chosen seem to be on outskirts, so to cut down on traveling time and expense, Mahabalipuram is an option.
As I said, some of the mid-level hotels are TTDC, Mamalla. Golden Sun etc. Also you can search for hotels in ECR (East coast road) which is the one connecting chennai to mahabs. There are all sorts of hotels & beach Resorts on that road and you can try to find one which suits your budget and you can use google maps to find the distance. I am assuming you are planning to cover multiple places all of which are on ECR and you will anyway need a transportation

Back