Schwinn 2012 FastBack, my new ride.

IMG_20120328_194510.jpg
IMG_20120328_194448.jpg

Damages: 30G, oops post budget 35G!
<

with the 2300 groupset?i think the khs flite 300 would have come for cheaper,with the same specs?carbon fork and in a more bling red colour?

i was about to buy one too,as it is available in my city but put it off and now prices have gone up,totally dropped all purchase plans.

its a roadie and has a stand!
<

with the 2300 groupset?i think the khs flite 300 would have come for cheaper,with the same specs?carbon fork and in a more bling red colour?

i was about to buy one too,as it is available in my city but put it off and now prices have gone up,totally dropped all purchase plans.

its a roadie and has a stand!
<

That stand was courtesy my dealer. And since you are familiar with bikes, its never about the brand, its about what you feel right, right?
<

of course.nothing can take it away,that,its a really nice bike.first impressions?i thought you had an mtb before?how does it comaper to your previous bike?

the mileage for such bikes depends on how much torture ur backside can withstand on indian roads on those seats...

It actually isn't much torture at all. Not from the roads atleast.

Other users of those roads are a different matter all together.

of course.nothing can take it away,that,its a really nice bike.first impressions?i thought you had an mtb before?how does it comaper to your previous bike?

Nope I had a hybrid before 38c to be precise. Huge difference by leaps and bounds. I took the delivery and drove home non stop after a break of about 2.5 months. That was I think about 16km and no sweat. So yeah its good. And since its main purpose is commuting, I think 2300 should suffice.

Gr8 Bike #[member='linuxtechie'],

i was planning to buy a Bike too,didnt know the prices have gone up so much
sad.gif

Yeah man, tell me about it. I got it booked immediately after budget. The dealer is a good friend of mine.

^price bump is anything between 5-8k,components are being swapped for lower spec ones and all

Yeah!

the mileage for such bikes depends on how much torture ur backside can withstand on indian roads on those seats...

Hmm, its more about the right geometry and right posture. 55cm suits me a lot and thats how the bike is. I have done about 6 hour biking once. My calf pained, not my back. So yeah I am good that way. I have amazed many car owners and bikers by reaching well ahead in time, the frustration of traffic, just sitting there and no workout is pretty visible.

It actually isn't much torture at all. Not from the roads atleast.

Other users of those roads are a different matter all together.

^ tell me about those...
facepalm.gif
, wasted lifes.

Pardon my ignorance.

Why cant you guys get the indian BSA and Hero cycles from india? I have seen em with gears and disc brakes and all..
<
isnt that enuff?? Its cycling right?

35000 on a cycle..
<

Pardon my ignorance.

Why cant you guys get the indian BSA and Hero cycles from india? I have seen em with gears and disc brakes and all..
Invision18.gif
isnt that enuff?? Its cycling right?

35000 on a cycle..
sad.gif

I pardon you, cause its the ignorance. A road bike doesn't need disk brakes. And its about fit as well. The brand that you mentioned makes one fit all size bikes and am sure we can't for sure wear the same size jeans and roam around, it won't be comfortable right? The same analogy applies to cycle, Hero, BSA don't have there home grown products catering to different sizes, hence they themselves import, label them and sell them. So I instead buy from guys who actually make different sizes. I use 55 CM that comes in "Large", while the bikes that are manufactured by BSA, Hero are majorly for Small size (school kids, cause that's there target audience). Get the point?

And about price, why spend 25 lac + on a car, its just a car? Get a nano or a tuk tuk if you want.

congrats LT.

what about the theft protection?

saying this because someone had bought a Harley in our area and all men at the junction were just drooling over it.
rolleye17.gif

wondering how much would it cost etc.

some devils steal even the regular bicycles so such should be taken more care of i think.

congrats LT.

what about the theft protection?

saying this because someone had bought a Harley in our area and all men at the junction were just drooling over it.
rolleye17.gif

wondering how much would it cost etc.

some devils steal even the regular bicycles so such should be taken more care of i think.

Well it stays in one of the rooms at my home, not even terrace. And in office, its right in front of security guard with CCTV. So thats taken care off.

+LT

Congrats #linuxtechie !! She is beautiful !!

Questions,

1) How much do you ride daily?

2) You said you bought one for your size. Where do we get the info regarding that? Never knew such a choice existed.

3) And why wouldn't road bikes need a disc brake? Won't it help to stop quicker?

Back