Schwinn 2012 FastBack, my new ride.

3) And why wouldn't road bikes need a disc brake? Won't it help to stop quicker?

Try taking a look at images of top pros that ride on major races.. None of them will have disc brakes on a road bike. And these are guys that pedal at 50kmph+ on an average!

Where disc brakes ARE required would be when you ride a mountain bike on REAL trails and mountains (not on our Indian roads, however bad they might be :))

Also these mountain bikes are NOT the same as what Hero/Atlas might be selling..

Try taking a look at images of top pros that ride on major races.. None of them will have disc brakes on a road bike. And these are guys that pedal at 50kmph+ on an average!

Where disc brakes ARE required would be when you ride a mountain bike on REAL trails and mountains (not on our Indian roads, however bad they might be :))

Also these mountain bikes are NOT the same as what Hero/Atlas might be selling..

You couldn't stop me ROFL! Seriosly I don't know when I can do that (READ trails). Before even disk brakes, I would bother about all the gears and paddings.

happy50.gif

Awesome purchase , Schwinn is my fav brand too for bicycles .

I settled for a hercules ACT-110 just few months back . That time before buying researched in extreme details and found out Schwinn to be the best , but still opted for hercules as i just wanted to start my morning cycling routine ( which i was not sure ).

Anyhow , i bought the cycle and took it for a ride for just 4-5days , since then its standing and eagerly waiting to hit the roads again :p

Seeing your thread , i've again got some inspiration and would surely start my cycling routine again .

Well , congrats on the awesome buy .
Price is worth the purchase , who know about Schwinn, they know how many head it turns on street ;)

Awesome purchase , Schwinn is my fav brand too for bicycles .

I settled for a hercules ACT-110 just few months back . That time before buying researched in extreme details and found out Schwinn to be the best , but still opted for hercules as i just wanted to start my morning cycling routine ( which i was not sure ).

Anyhow , i bought the cycle and took it for a ride for just 4-5days , since then its standing and eagerly waiting to hit the roads again :p

Seeing your thread , i've again got some inspiration and would surely start my cycling routine again .

Well , congrats on the awesome buy .
Price is worth the purchase , who know about Schwinn, they know how many head it turns on street ;)
Ohh yeah ;)

congrats linux! damn good bike :)

Thanks toxy!

Congrats lt , the bike I wanted to have but so out of my budget.

Don't worry. I have stopped bothering about that now, not that I am comparing myself with @apollyon ( 8D, woah those glasses), but yeah do spend as needed.

+LT

Last edited by a moderator:
Back