Android Screen Guard on Gorilla Glass Screen

I used to have a Samsung Galaxy Grand- which did;t have a Gorilla Glass - and i was told having a Screen Guard saved the screen from scratches.,,this was a pain in the behind- always getting finger prints and dirty..
Have switched to Galaxy Note2- which has a Gorilla Glass screen--now again i was persuaded to invest in a Screen Guard- but am once again suffering from all the ills of the plastic screen guard on the Note2 screen.
Want advice-- DOES MY NOTE2 REALLY NEED a screen protector ? personally i just want to peel off the screen guard plastic and use the phone with bare glass surface..

I use my Defy+ with gorilla glass without any screen protection.. but I dont drop my phone or use it in anyway making it susceptible to scratches. Gorilla glass is pretty scratch resistant, I would say enjoy your screen the bare-way ;)

I second that . My Nokia c7 that I used for almost three years never had a screen protector . Still no scratches . I do not use a pouch for it . On the other hand for my s3 I use screen guard as Samsung is not built half as good as my c7 . You decide .:)

From a usability perspective nothing beats using your phone without a case and screen guard but like people have said gorilla glass is scratch resistant not scratch proof, things like sand/dust can really scratch the glass. I was using my SGS4 without a screen guard for a month until one day I was in a elevator with super bright LED lighting I noticed a lot of fine scratches.

I'm using a Spigen glass protector now, its not very noticeable and doesn't feel horrible like plastic screen protectors

When you have an option of protecting the phone, its your choice to make that choice or not. Its the same for screen or body. Phone's are extremely gorgeous without the cases and screen guards on them. But these options are required to maintain the looks of the phone. Decreases wear and tear by a huge margin.

Also whoever said that gorilla glass and oleophobic blah blah coating will get you a scratchless screen, is joking. Also i dont think a glass surface would not get fingerprints over it. So would suggest you to make the choice for yourself. A scratched screen guard can be replaced but when it comes to screen, its ouch!

Want advice-- DOES MY NOTE2 REALLY NEED a screen protector ? personally i just want to peel off the screen guard plastic and use the phone with bare glass surface..
Yes, until you get a sapphire screen.

If fingerprints are a pain to wipe off, look for protectors that are oleophobic. Means resistant to oil. Those will be easier to clean than non-oleophobic. Wipe on your pants should do it.

If you use the stylus at all, pay attention to user comments about response. Some protectors are better than others. Tempered glass protectors are the best because once you put those on then you use them in place of the original glass and don't need anything more. they also offer little more shatter protection. Pricey though around the $30 mark.

Back