Screen protectors?

I know that opinion is divided on these for say ipads. I have one on mine, but did not put one on my dads. Cant really make out much difference with the functioning of the screen.

However phones take more abuse than ipads I guess. My LG Optimus [the cheap one] has 2 small nicks on the screen within about 6 months. Have just ordered a SGS2, and considering that it has this 'Gorilla Glass' thing, should I still use a screen protector? And if so, which one?

edit: Did a search and some say this " find the cheapo scratchgards get cloudy very soon whereas some of the premium ones last longer. anyway gorilla glass ftw no more scratchguards"

Thanks guys,

Deepak

Gorilla glass in itself does not insure against scratches. It isn't foolproof, though it is very good.

Sand in pockets generally turns out to be the worst enemy and can cause minute scratches to appear.

I too have the sgs2 and initially I tried using it as such as I thought that gorilla glass is enough, but somehow the screen got scratched!!!

So to avoid any further probs, I got the capdase screenguard! Oddly it turned out to be matte! lol

So I polished the screen area of the film to make it glossy again!

Touch performance has gone down a bit though!

Posted from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Do consider on Flipkart.com

CaseMate Galaxy S2 SM GLXYSIIBT-MSLV (White Silver)

IAccy Galaxy S2 Screenguard SSG002

Flipkart delivers real quick also ... i ordered Saturday evening and my stuffs already under shipment

^^Is that a hard case? Curious as to why so many choose hard cases? I would have thought that a gel cover would offer better protection?

Yes, I have also had very good experiences with Flipkart.

That screen guard has lousy reviews. What made you chose that?

Ya it ia barely there hard case ..... i got one for my desire also and i find it very useful and handy and adds to the sturdiness of the phone

Case just bought anything i could see to protect the screen from day one , Gorilla glass is still prone to scratches !!!

Am looking for better screen guards ?

Back