PC Peripherals Scroll Issue in Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse RMA and more

rr9

Disciple
I bought a Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse in Jan 2022. Had to get in replaced in Jan 2023 due to scroll issues. (Shipped to ACRO)
The replacement mouse also developed the same issue in about 6 months.
The scroll issue is that it registers a down-scroll every 5 or 6 up scroll and vice versa. Scrolls once in the opposite direction every 5 or 6.
Is there any fix for the scroll issue.
same exact issue as demonstrated here : fix with WD???

Last edited:
It's not just the Basilisk, my Viper Mini has janky scrolling like that too. It's dust causing problems, try blowing some compressed air into the wheel gap once in a while, that should help temporarily. Isopropyl solution might help too, just spray some on the wheel and scroll a lot until it spreads all over, and then wait for it to dry. If you don't have compressed air or iso on hand and just want to MacGyver a quick solution, just blow into the scroll wheel gap periodically. It fixes the problem a bit for several minutes, although it doesn't feel like a good idea because of moisure in breath.

I've stopped using razer products due to their horrible scroll wheels. If you're dead set on using the same mouse i believe you can replace the switch. I'd recommend just not buying razer mice.

Back