ScT aka Scenetorrents is closing down

Here's the extract of final torrent added on SCT

By now most of you already know that ScT will be going offline permanently.

However, due to pending legal issues, we are not at liberty to speak freely about why we've chosen to take down the site.

Members of our staff were arrested and will be undergoing the entire length of the judicial process.

Obviously, in the case of criminal proceedings, it would be downright foolish to comment any further on the situation;

Please bear this in mind and wish them the best of luck.

There have been several theories as to where the donation money (of the recent months) has gone. We'd like to take this opportunity to put all skepticism to rest.

The money was used to purchase new hardware that would ensure our spot as the fastest tracker on the net.

You are free to perform whatever calculations you feel necessary, but in doing so it should become very clear that running a site of this stature costs money.

We feel the overwhelming cynicism is just a product of bad timing compounded with general frustration caused by the current situation.

We sincerely hope that you've enjoyed being a part of our wonderful community over the past 4 1/2 years.

We've certainly enjoyed our members letting us be of service. We've always felt our user base played an equally important role in making SceneTorrents.org a model environment in the torrent world.

The staff would also like to express their gratitude to fellow trackers for their support in such a chaotic time. Several well known communities have voluntarily opened their doors, and have offered our former users a new home.

We appreciate the courtesy and acknowledge the steps being taken to move forward collectively as a community. Your assistance does not go unrecognized.

//ScT Staff

I'll miss SCT. Was a member for > 4 years and had 2 TB + upload

w1nD said:
^^ dont even bother for FTN, its more of community than a tracker :| as tracker it sucks and is hyped very much.I had it and got bored and gave to a frnd of mine. lolz

i know it is more of a community but best thing is that there is no ratio system and we just have to seed back ~72hours if i am not wrong which is really great for us Indians specially with low bandwidths but i am not asking for invite, just info about the latest invite system there :)

zanderzone said:
Here's the extract of final torrent added on SCT

I'll miss SCT. Was a member for > 4 years and had 2 TB + upload

You are really old to p2p sir :p

spindoctor said:
this sucks. sct was damn fast, both with pretimes and speeds. always had multi gigabit seedboxes for any torrent you want. and the jb thread on their forum was legendary ;)

Got jb in backup ;) Folks over on IRC did it before I did :) Gotta love IRC. :)

It's 100+MB and on Rapidshare. If you want it, go ask the folks on IRC :)

Edit: Where are you guys moving to now?

John Anderton said:
Edit: Where are you guys moving to now?
i am on scc from 107 weeks and i think it is the only site which can replace sct for me and it really do but their forums simply sucks

PTM-TL-TB-SCL-SCC-BitmeTV-AHD-BitHDTV-What :)

i don't really download much except tv shows these days... i have ~700gb buffer on tvt so that's where i'll get stuff mostly. 1.7tb buffer on TL so anything else i can get from there. music from what/waffles.

H_D said:
i am on scc from 107 weeks and i think it is the only site which can replace sct for me and it really do but their forums simply sucks

PTM-TL-TB-SCL-SCC-BitmeTV-AHD-BitHDTV-What :)

I got a SCC invite too.. one question though.. wtf at Indians being banned. I have to use a proxy to get on the site. What do you do.

Guys who had good ScT ratios can get on to lot of trackers if they are looking for some new ones to try out. SCC, TL, GFT etc all have opened doors. PtP is even going to transfer your stats over :eek: So go get a PtP invite. Irrespective of how much you'll use it, you get your buffer back, if only for movies and stuff :p

Does GFT provide a invite to ScT refugess? Any one got in that .. Can someone share the info ..
bty FSC>FTN .. site is mostly freeleech and the request section is great (obs much better community) ..
The only problem with SCC is that its strictly scene .. In the last month or so many releases were missed by SCC which were on ScT .. You can take the Xbox Scene ..
SCC is not a replacement for ScT as ScT offered a variety of content .. Also SCC is a seed hell .. Most of the torrents in SCC die down in a weeks time including the stpid packs they made ..

Anyways can some one pm me GFT info .

apextwin146 said:
Does GFT provide a invite to ScT refugess? Any one got in that .. Can someone share the info ..
bty FSC>FTN .. site is mostly freeleech and the request section is great (obs much better community) ..
The only problem with SCC is that its strictly scene .. In the last month or so many releases were missed by SCC which were on ScT .. You can take the Xbox Scene ..
SCC is not a replacement for ScT as ScT offered a variety of content .. Also SCC is a seed hell .. Most of the torrents in SCC die down in a weeks time including the stpid packs they made ..

Anyways can some one pm me GFT info .

i had to wait a couple of hours on IRC but I got in so.. what info are you looking for? :)

Party Monger said:
Things are going to change.. In this evolution, there will be no place for private trackers..

Torrents can be fetched using magnet links, and torrent sites will no longer host .torrent files, so there will be no legal case against them..

This an evolution, please relax, in a few days things will be much better..for most of the content, go to thepiratebay.org

Or search at torrentz.com

Do you anything about private trackers?
ScT had dream run. RIP ScT.

John Anderton said:
I got a SCC invite too.. one question though.. wtf at Indians being banned. I have to use a proxy to get on the site. What do you do.
yep they are not allowing new indian ips as they consider us as cheaters bcoz of our low bandwidths but i signed wayy back there when this thing wasn't started so at that time it was no hassle for me to sign up

H_D said:
yep they are not allowing new indian ips as they consider us as cheaters bcoz of our low bandwidths but i signed wayy back there when this thing wasn't started so at that time it was no hassle for me to sign up

lol.. w1nd really proved them wrong, eh? :p
* runs from w1nd *

I am less surprised by the number of indians on my fav tracker but more by watching it being discussed so openly. I don't know about you guys but If you do care about your accounts at these sites, I don't believe how is such discussion helping you all

wow noticed just yesterday that ScT closed down, i spent a whole month only seeding and built an awesome ratio, good thing i still got TL or else i would be stranded...

nehow whats this i here about ScT users gettin a/c in diff trackers, more INFO plsss?

Back