SE w950i-small button on back fell out/lost...

raj404

Disciple
i inadvertently dropped my W950i, & a small button next to the sony logo button fell out. i have lost the button. in its place theres a small cavity.
the phone didn't work for the next 12-18 hours(although the instrument switched on correctly, with MP3 & FM unaffected).thankfully its working fully now(outgoing/incoming calls also working).

i have not yet approached the Sony Service Centre( no warranty on the phone), nor asked any of the hole-in-the wall mobile repair shops for the replacement of the button. i first need to understand whether the button is an integral part of the instrument, meaning does it just hold the case together or it also is part of the electronic instrumentation.

any ideas?

Its just a piece of rubber ... its a potential for disaster if water manages to seeps through from there.

I had the same phone with the same problem ... when i placed the phone in my pocket (which was a dampowing to the rains ..not wet) ////water managed to seep in .. I couldn't use the phone for a few days ...I let it dry naturally ..and it started working.

Atleast put a piece of cellophane tape to cover the hole.

Back