FS: Storage Hardware Seagate 1TB 3.5" internal HDD with 1.5+yrs remaining warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.

arup

Disciple
Product Name: Seagate Baracuda 1TB 7200rpm 3.5" Internal HDD
Expected Price: Rs 4000/-
Shipping charges : Free/50-50
Manufacturer page URL:Seagate Barracuda 1 TB Desktop Internal Hard Drive (ST31000524AS) | Internal Hard Drive | Flipkart.com
Description if any: Working perfectly
Reason for Sale: Upgraded to 2TB
Product condition: 8 out of 10
Purchase Date: 2011,May
Remaining Warranty period: upto May, 2014.
Warranty available in: India, through RMA
Invoice Available: YES
Shipping from: Balurghat, WB
Shipping to: Anywhere
Preferred courier: Speedpost: Free Dtdc: 50-50
Payment options: Cash, bank transfer, exchage with Agility3 60GB or Force3 60GB.
Seagate 1TB.jpg100_1259.jpg100_1260.jpg

EDIT: Just notced mistyping in screenshot in the date. You can see actual date in the taskbar though.
EDIT2: Note that new one of this model(see flipkart link) comes with 1years warranty and it has 1.5+ years remaining warranty. Other HDDs may have 2yrs warranty as #ALPHA17 pointed out

@arup new ones come with 2 years warranty on them, effective from July this year.

Good luck with the sale. Cheerio!

Last edited by a moderator:
@ALPHA17 The flipkart link shows this model of the drive has 1yr warranty. Other models may have 2yrs or even 5yrs warranty(like my 80gb seagate hdd had 5yrs warranty bought in 2k7). I edit the post to reflect this.

Suspicious one you are (say that on the tone of Master Yoda).

SP Road does not have a URL, Arup. And FK is *not* the end all and be all of best prices. FK's prices have been gradually increased over the last few months. There's only so much they can burn of their seed money!

Nevertheless, here you go: Computer Warehouse Online - Buy Computers, Computer Parts, Computer Accessories, Laptops and Electronics
The navigation is js based, so you cannot get direct link to a category, but look for Hard Disk Drives in the left. The third product listed is Seagate 1TB internal HD for Rs 4370.
Computerwarehouse is always ~5% more expensive then SP Road for most products. So SP Road nett price ~= computerwarehouse pre-tax price (in fact slightly less).

Thus, I quoted 4.4k as street price.

ufff!!

Thanks @i80586 for posting a link. Are you interested in buying my HDD at your offer price, then use PM route.

One suggestion, buy from reputed shops and not from streets. Street prices are always low than shops but you should be careful. Few days ago I bought a Seagate 2TB (mfg date on hdd indicated it's new or just stolen from ****, not sealed but they tested it in front of me) from street hawker at 5000 after lots of bargain (shop price 6000+vat), thinking that I'm in profit. No problem on the drive but later found that drive was OEM one and doesn't posses warranty after submitting S/N in seagate webform. The next day the streetshop was vanished. If I'm lucky, I'll not need warranty(I need warranty like 10-20% times).
So, don't buy from any street whether it's SP road (BLR) or Chandni market(KOL), you may be cheated like me, so buy from shops.

aree baba, am talking of shops like ankit or golcha in SP Road.

you doubted my statement publicly (for others' benefit) and I clarified publicly (again, for others' benefit).

cheers :)

- - - Updated - - -

clarification: the word stree in 'street price' does not literally mean 'on the streets' (like buying veggies)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back