PC Peripherals Seagate 5 GB Pocket Drive

Seagate 5 GB Pocket Drive

The Seagate Pocket drive that we have for review today, has at its heart, the smallest of hard drives available. We are talking about a 1" hard drive. And 5 GB is the maximum that you get as of now in a hard drive that small. The drive spins at 3600 rpm and sports a 2 MB buffer. Obviously this new technology comes at a hefty premium. We will discuss that later in the review. For starters, the Seagate Pocket drive is a cool device that looks like a yoyo. It weighs just around 65 grams and is 0.7 inch in thickness and just over 3 inches in diameter. It can be easily slipped into your shirt or trouser pocket and carried around without much of a hassle.

Review From [RANK="www.techtree.com/techtree/jsp/article.jsp?article_id=3736&cat_id=611&print=1"]TechTree[/RANK]

No man....i did not write it.......and sorry i did not know that we got to paste the source........ethical.....

hellscream666 posted 18.85 minutes later:

I am so sorry Mod.......could the moderators please delete the thread please?

yeah leaving this for now . added source link to the original post , plus snipped the article ;)

yeah its been available in the market for long..but most of the vendors suggest going for a laptop harddisk instead of this 1.....cause laptop harddisk of 40gb alongwith its USB case costs less than the 5gb seagate harddisk

well i got a 80 gigger IDE with a cheapo case for 650 bucks... Works like a charm... Only down side its bulky... BTW how much is a Lappy HDD for...

its arnd 4500 with the case the last time i asked..with the hdd having a warranty of 3 years and the case having the warranty of 1 year...

Back