Storage Solutions Seagate HDD RMA - Mumbai

HI,
I have a seagate 7200.10 160GB HDD abt to die. Its is warranty till aug 2012 as shown on the seagate website. I dont have the bill as it is my brothers old HDD which i was using as a garbage dump.

So whats the best way to RMA the drive here in MUMBAI. On the website they talk about shipping it to chennai and then they'll ship it back. But somebody told me the theres a seagate service center in mumbai in andheri ( Accel Frontline) it was I think. What will be the procedure at the mumbai RMA center if somebody has already dealt with them before.

THank you .

Go to chakala , andheri.. No bill required. They gave me a replacement drive in a week this time... Register online first.. Accel Frontline Services

Accel frontline services

Office No 202, 2nd Floor, Mehta Estate, Near Holy Family Church, Chakala, Andheri East

register online from the above link.. Select seagate and continue.. Register yourself and then take the customer id with you and HDD to accel frontline from monday to saturday from 10am to 6pm.. while registration if it only shows chennai in selection go ahead and select it... Doesnt matter as such. They have pathetic form entry on that link

Where do you stay?

TheIcebreaker said:
Thanks for the info!!! One more query though do I have to personally go and collect the replacement or it is shipped to me.??
you have to go personally or send someone on behalf of you with the receipt to collect the hdd

You should personally go and collect the drive... They will send you a SMS when the drive is ready for replacement... You can also check your status on the link given, if it says ready for replacement then you can go and collect it...

Back