Storage Solutions Seagate Rma

mpaspc

Adept
I have a External drive . WHich is still in warrnaty .

it's a 500 GB Free agent drive .

it failed recently .

after warranty check i get this

Please contact Fortune Marketing PVT Alternatively you may request RMA directly to Seagate by clicking the "Create Return" button.

clear.gif

when i call fortune they refer me to Accel frontline .

what shall i do ?

I had a problem, and I filled out details on Seagate website, and I was given a RMA number, and an address to send the drive to.

See this:

Return Location

ACCEL FRONTLINE SERVICES LIMITED

No.173, Mount Poonamallee High Road,

Porur,

CHENNAI

600 116

India

Next Steps:

Step 1 -Print this page for your records. You will need your order number to check the status of your order at a later time.

Step 2 -Read PDF instructions for packaging and mailing your return to Seagate.

Step 3 -Print a mailing label for the return product package.

After shipping it, their website never showed it as having being recd, and I had to follow up on phone for a week or so. I got the replacement in a week after that though.

I have a External drive . WHich is still in warrnaty .

it's a 500 GB Free agent drive .

it failed recently .

after warranty check i get this

Please contact Fortune Marketing PVT Alternatively you may request RMA directly to Seagate by clicking the "Create Return" button.

clear.gif

when i call fortune they refer me to Accel frontline .

what shall i do ?

Drop-off the HDD at the local Accel Frontline office. They handle Seagate RMA. Find the address of you local office on this page.

Dont worry Accel's website wont be updated but you will get it RMA within 10 days and delivered to your house with nice packing

there was extreme rush with waiting time exceeding 6 hours . Luckily when i was about to return some nice fellow had generated two tokens by mistake about 4 hours ago and gave me his .

now the big question when can i except to receive mine ?

and will it be new ?

I got refurbished HDD last two timed after RMA my same internal Seagate 500GB HDD.

And it again fail for 3rd time.

Seagate RMA totally meaningless to me waste of tome and money.

They will never give u new HDD and refurbished one will fail again and again.....

I had a problem, and I filled out details on Seagate website, and I was given a RMA number, and an address to send the drive to.

See this:

After shipping it, their website never showed it as having being recd, and I had to follow up on phone for a week or so. I got the replacement in a week after that though.

Same here, i had sent a hdd to same address after creating rma on seagate's website and it has been delivered on 9th march.

Still their website shows they haven't received it yet.

do they verify the serial number and the part number ? .

I am asking since i only get to see warranty status after i enter my Model no. and serial number . The thing is that the Part no. written on my drive ends with 500 , but the part number on the box ends with 570 .Also after entering the model no. and serial number i see the part no. ending with 570

shall i call and inform accel about this ?

i have already submitted my drive though .
<

Looks HDD market is in real trouble now with Seagate quality lost and not many worthy competitors.

The 500 GB HDD am using right now, is the 3rd RMAed HDD from Seagate.

ie., 4th piece practically.

Yep RMAing my seagate 500GB too seems like a pointless experience ...got it RMAed 2 times already and its gone for the third time again ...i am seriously thinking of throwing it out of the window......total waste of money
<

how long did your RMA process took ?

it is looking like eternity . it is showing in process . I think it's stuck , due to the mismatch . Don't know how long it will take .

they should provide next day services
<

how long did it take for you . Did you all got a new drive ?

Seagate is going Bad day by day . My friend had has drive Rmaed 6 times in a year . He threw it a month ago when it became a troublesome job .

^^Nver got new drives all were refurbished ones and it took like 3-10 days for me to recieve the drives....and in WD i never every got a refirbished ones till now all were brand new drives i have RMAed all my 3 WD drives multiple times ....WD>SG in my book .

finally some success . They shipped it today . Although the tracking number is not working . Most probably i can collect my HDD on monday again standing in a long line .

do they ship by UPS express ?

i submitted it via accel frontline center .since i din't knew how to pack
<

More over the tracking number is still not working .

UPDATE

they have shipped it to the center i submitted . It will take 12 more days for delivery . Effectively i would get my hard disk in the next financial year .

Back