Video Seagate s FreeAgent Theater or WD s WD-TV HDMI Media Players

hemant0285

Disciple
Hii frnds

I am planning to buy a HD player for playing High Def movies from my Usb hardisk to my HD LCD TV..

Currently there are two devices available

1. Seagate's: FreeAgent Theater (with ethernet) 229$ (with 500gb hdd)

2. WD's: WD TV Live HD Media PLayer. (with ethernet.) 149$

Pls help..

I will be arrangin it from US.. so pirce s not an issue....

which do u suggest plays better and have more acceptibility of higher number of foprmats. I have seen d specs.. Both hav similar playing capabilities. But still I want to hav yr suggestion... to which of the 2 is a better option for playing large number of HD files (I usually download HighDef content HD-Rips )

pls help

Well in a train trip recently to chennai i picked a couple of magazines to pass time,in the digit or chip magzine they had reviews of all the players if i could recall the winners were the Xtreamer and Iomega screen play with built in 1TB drive were the winners.b/w the two the Xtreamer had the IQ edge.
the Iomega also supports Bitorrent.the xtreamer has wifi support via usb.

there is a similar thread where we discussing these media players... i for one own a acryan playon hd media player and have never been more content with a buy...

dheerajjotwani said:
there is a similar thread where we discussing these media players... i for one own a acryan playon hd media player and have never been more content with a buy...

Can you pls share d link of d thread,,,,where media plauers are discussed....

There s another problem....
The US model has NTSC system... its not PAL... so is it goin to be a problem????
or has no issues ??? i mean these days tv s have both Pal and NSTC s...
PLs help

stormblast said:
ac ryan play on mini hd is rated much higher than the xtreamer in a couple of reviews i have checked. this is also the reason i am confused in the 2 & am now leaning towards the ac ryan

Those review would probably be dubious as it is simply not possible. AC Ryan uses an older version of the realtek chipset that xtreamer has. The former has 1073 while the latter has 1273 which is a significantly better upscaler.

Chaos said:
Those review would probably be dubious as it is simply not possible. AC Ryan uses an older version of the realtek chipset that xtreamer has. The former has 1073 while the latter has 1273 which is a significantly better upscaler.

are you sure about it? infact afaik i think the reviewer had said there that the acryan & wdtv live both have newer chipset than the xtreamer.

i really dont mind getting either as they almost cost the same.

hemant0285 said:
I need to know whether I can go ahead with the NTSC version from USA... I am getting it to india
if you own a newer TV, there would be no problem as almost all TV's sold in India support both PAL and NTSC. To be double sure, check your TV manual/specs

Thanks... I checked out my TV manual.. it supports both PAL nd NTSC... and I also came to know that while connecting thru HDMI to LCDs (In future if I get a LCD) there wont be a problem... as the PAL/NTSC issue is only related to Analogue signals,,not HDMI... so no probs..
I hav ordered my WDTV Live from US ... thru AMAZON 106 dollars.. My cousins getting it soon... Wooooooooooooo... M excited...

Back