Storage Solutions Seagate ST1000DM003....Not Available in India?

JAK

Disciple
hey guys...
m in for upgrading my RAID setup and need 1TB drives for RAID....
and since WD blacks have TLER issues,dont like RAID1+ coz of TLER issue and WD Reds are not available in India.. the only option i have left is Seagate ST1000DM003(1TB/platter drive).

Strangely the ST1000DM003 are not available with any online retailer...they tag the product as permanently discontinued..:(

All inputs are welcome

I don't think it was launched in India... even the 2TB version which was suppose to have 1TB platter were actually 3x 666GB platter ones...

Seagate ignores certain markets...

HailStonEE I purchased ST2000DM001 2TB drive a month back and it is the 1TB platter version. I confirmed it at 2TB ST2000DM001 Barracuda from Seagate seriously c... - Seagate Community Forums

With regards to ST1000DM003 1TB drive I think they aren't available any where. In shops and even the return certified drives are the older ST31000524AS.

That certainly is a new development.. When I got my 2TB few months ago it was indeed the other model of Z2F code in the serial... Congrats... :)

Hey
I got a SEAGATE ST1000DM3 as a replacement.
It's a NEW DRIVE since my previous replacement drive failed,so I had to contact few insiders to get this.
It's great! :)

Back