Sears Holdings India, Pune : Company review / Work Culture

bhaskarvyas001

Disciple
Hi All,

One of my friend has got offer from the company Sears Holding India, Pune. Company web site is https://www.searsholdings.in/
What he wants to know is review about this company in terms of work life, culture etc over there.
The management and the appraisal policies. He will be relocating from Delhi to Pune to join this company.
So, any one who has worked here or has any one working there and can give some feedback; it would be really appreciable as he is right now very confused if it would be worth relocating to Pune to join this company.

Advance thanks to all... :)

Hi All,

One of my friend has got offer from the company Sears Holding India, Pune. Company web site is https://www.searsholdings.in/
What he wants to know is review about this company in terms of work life, culture etc over there.
The management and the appraisal policies. He will be relocating from Delhi to Pune to join this company.
So, any one who has worked here or has any one working there and can give some feedback; it would be really appreciable as he is right now very confused if it would be worth relocating to Pune to join this company.

Hi @bhaskarvyas001
This is a IT captive for its parent retail domain company .
What I heard is external mails, social n/w and even some downloading sites are not blocked :yahoo:, work culture is ok but depends on specific team/project you are in.Office is in East end of pune (Kharadi, near magarpatta)
Sorry but ,not much idea about management and appraisal policies :(. Will update if came to know about other details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Bhaskarvya,
First of all congratulate your friend on my behalf. He is undoubtedly a gem who got a chance to spark in the company like Sears. It's a great place to work. From the HR to the admin and other colleagues in all departments are really great to work with. There is hardly any ego issue that crops up when it comes to learning and knowing related to work. Fun and frolic dominates the entire work atmosphere at Sears. Every Friday we have a 'Friday mania' which is a specialty of our company. Whenever there is any major calendar event like the Independence day or even a festival we are in the most jubilant moods to celebrate them amidst our regular work at office. In one way you can be rest assured, your friend is in the right track...At Sears he will never be bored.... Management is extremely professional and respects talent. Appraisals are pretty good. To sum it up, at Sears- knowledge never ends, learning is always fun, work is never boring, salary is never an issue... !!

Your friend is in the right track... So don't worry at all. :)

Hi All,

Check the company reviews on GlassDoor, best place for getting the companies insight by the employees who anonymously post there.

Hey Ravi,

Am not from the HR team.. I am from the technical team only. Keep an eye in the website of ours and you will get to know about our openings. All the best for your future too!

- - - Updated - - -

You are most welcome... Apply soon for the position which best suits your domain and skill sets! Looking forward to see you soon then!

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, it's perfect glassdoor is a good source to check the interview reviews and employee satisfaction levels of any company!!

For someone from the technical team, the lack of knowledge of a 'quote' functionality is surprising.
Check his join date mate, he's new to TE, even i didnt know about the quote and multi quote until i started using forums!!! cos you dont find them on every website do you ? lol how does being technical or non technical relate to usage of quote option???

@ryanrulez4ever, just hard to believe someone using a computer for so long (even assuming he is a fresher, he would have used a computer extensively some time prior to joining) hasn't ever visited forums or posted in those. The Quote feature has been there for years, albeit with different names, but at more or less the same location.

Last edited by a moderator:
@All - Further update: My friend declined the offer from Sears. His reason was that no matter how good the company culture is; it is definitely not a good payer..

Considering the fact that he was being asked to relocate from Delhi to Pune; the company gave a compensation hike which as per him was not even up to market standards...
Any ways, Thanks to all for all the feedback.. :)

Work Culture and Onsite Oppurtunities at Sears

Can any help in giving more details about Work culture at Sears Holding Pune. I have offer from sears Holding and they have paid pretty well. Work profile also seems interesting. Can anyone throw some light on how is the work culture at Sears India and How are onsite oppurtunites?

Hi,
This is atul today 13 Dec I went to sear for Interview but left in between because of HR misbehavior.After clearing the written I waiter for almost 3 hrs but no o e called for Interview , I went to hr to ask how lo g it will take , hr hold my hand and questioned my how I enter the hr cubical hr place where he was standing . I told to leave my hand and I came to ask how long it will take. He was already frustrated as he was not able to manage the interviewers . I left the interview. I heard about the company as a good work culture but people like this make bad impression hope higher management may consider post and do the needful.

Back