PC Peripherals Seasonic 620w or Coolermaster GX550 or Corsair GS 600?

woozydevotee

Disciple
I am a bit confused among the three Seasonic 620w/Coolermaster GX550/Corsair GS 600?, all of them have a similiar price range, except for the coolermaster is cheaper by 400. which one should i go for, i will be gaming on an 7870 most probably, i have heard a lot of good things about seasonic but my experience with coolermaster isnt bad either,never tried corsair, i am not an overclocker. please advice.

Seasonic 620 ftw!
<

Go for the Seasonic S12II 620W, it might not have Corsair's service backing, but the distributors Tirupati Enterprises [based out of Chennai] are dependable folks. Also Seasonic has done most of the OEM SMPS designs for Corsair PSU line-up.

The Corsair GS and Cooler Master GX series SMPS, cannot match up to the standards that the Seasonic is built too also they are not as efficient as they claim.

Cooler Master GX series review --> http://www.jonnyguru...=Story&reid=188 / http://www.hardocp.c..._supply_review/.

The Cooler Master GX 650W is a mediocre power supply for couple of years ago, and an outright failure today. The Build Quality of the unit is nothing to write home about (unless it is a warning), the topology is old and outdated, and the exterior is flash over substance. Coupled with this we have mediocre voltage, poor by today's standards efficiency, and out of specification DC Output Quality. One upping this poor showing is that fact that the unit was completely unable to complete our load tests at 100v AC input.

[font=arial, sans-serif]As it stands, there really is not anyone that this unit would be a good fit for that we can think of, and certainly not for its intended crowd of "gamers." Cooler Master should be ashamed and owes all gamers and hardware enthusiasts an apology[/font][font=arial, sans-serif].[/font]

Corsair GS series related information --> http://www.jonnyguru...read.php?t=7064.

Seasonic S12II series reviews --> http://www.jonnyguru...=Story&reid=185 / http://www.hardwares...com/article/954.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

A Seasonic 380 watts power supply can give as much power if not much more as those cm psus. Only silent pro and above compete with Seasonic and that too a 700-750 silent pro can compete with 620 watts Seasonic

Hello Woozydevotee,

Sanket here from Cooler Master. I know the GX isn't very popular on the forum and the links #[member='ALPHA17'] posted might be one of the few reasons. I would like to state a few facts related to GX series. The links posted above are reviews of older generation GX power supplies. Towards the end of 2011, the entire GX series went through a complete overhaul - a major one, where we even changed our OEM partner.

The new range of GX power supplies (450W, 550W, 650W and 750W) are now certified 80Plus Bronze (the earlier were just 80Plus) and come with 5 years replacement warranty. Unfortunately, there aren't enough reviews of the new series for me to share. Jonnyguru had tested the new 450W and gave it an 8/10. Here's the link [GX-450W Review] The new GX isn't certainly as bad as it is made out to be. You can trust me on this.

I wouldn't comment on the performance and quality of competing products. But i can assure you one thing - Personal Attention! If you ever face any problem with a CM product, drop me a line and i will solve it, that's a Promise! My direct number and official email id is in your inbox. check.

One more thing, In India Cooler Master business isn't done exclusively through distributors. The company has five people on ground overlooking the business. In case you guys ever have a problem all five of us can be reached anytime. On the CM India website, under the "where to buy" section our direct numbers and email ids are given. You guys are most welcome to write to us or call us.

Regards

Sanket

^You are right #Coolermster, but for instance, lets take gx450, which jhonny guru reviewed. Its costing 3.3k
<
, and Corsair Cx 430v2 is just 2.5k. What I want to say, although the GX series has improved a lot on performance part, costing is something now to be considered.

^You are right #Coolermster, but for instance, lets take gx450, which jhonny guru reviewed. Its costing 3.3k
scared14.gif
, and Corsair Cx 430v2 is just 2.5k. What I want to say, although the GX series has improved a lot on performance part, costing is something now to be considered.

Dear Jugga,

With GX-450w we are offering 5 years warranty, whereas the CX430v2 comes with three years warranty. So the power supply is covered for two more years. Now whether the difference of Rs 700 is worth that extra two years of warranty will vary from person to person. However, you have a point and i would take this as your feedback and convey it to the concerned people. Hope for a better pricing then...

--

Sanket

Thanks for all your replies, i guess the seasonic psu enjoys an overwhelming support based on the comments, i guess i am gonna go for seasonic, and yes even seasonic provides a 5 year warranty.

Back