Secondhand laptop.. HP dv2700 or Compaq 6530s ?

sbhas2k

Adept
Hello all

I am getting these 2 laptops for a good deal from one of my friend (around 12k). Can someone suggest which one to go for it

Both have (read HP vs Compaq in comparision) core2duo processor, 1 GB vs 2GB ram, Intel GMA 4500HD(onboard) vs Nvidia 8400GS(dedicated), everything else remains the same..

I was just browsing through and it seems HP one released in 2008 whereas compaq in 2009..

Please suggest.. Thanks in advance..

^Thanks dude.. but I don't prefer toshiba as such.. It tend to give more problems and inspite of good processor and ram, lappy will be slow due to bad motherboard (based on my personal experience)...

Kindly suggest among those two or some other good alternatives.. Inbtw.. i am gettin both of the above for 12k and not 15k :)

Avoid the laptop with the Nvidia 8400GS. You will find that many laptops with the Nvidia 8400GS have failed. Google it.

Seems like i should let go of HP dv 2700 lappy... Any other alternatives... I was browsing through chroma yesterday and saw acer with c50 proccy (amd fusion with 1 ghz processor & 1 gb ram) for 19k. I was too skeptical about acer and don't wanna go for it.. it has worst resale value AFAIK and not a great build quality :(

My gen usage would be lota movies (720p, 1080p, dvdrips) + surfing + small amount of gaming (dirt2, NFS at lower settings would be fine)... Would Intel GMA 4500HD enough for this ? i mite add 1GB extra ram to the compaq lappy if required..

Toshiba giving more problems than HP?Strange..(for me anything,even Acer over HP).Dude you are buying a three years old HP laptop!!!....all the best!!

^ based on my personal experience dude.. I myself arranged around 100 lappy during my college for my batch... Almost 50% gave problem within a year.. HP far better that Toshiba in this aspect..

I guess you have worst experiences with HP.. Inface I had worst experience with MBP 15", but their service was too good and everthing solved within a month..

Kindly suggest any alternative if possible.. My main purpose is to use it for more than an year then go for MBA 13" :)

sbhas2k said:
^ based on my personal experience dude.. I myself arranged around 100 lappy during my college for my batch... Almost 50% gave problem within a year.. HP far better that Toshiba in this aspect..

I guess you have worst experiences with HP.. Inface I had worst experience with MBP 15", but their service was too good and everthing solved within a month..

Kindly suggest any alternative if possible.. My main purpose is to use it for more than an year then go for MBA 13" :)

Why take risk with 2 and 3 year old laptops that doesn't have any warranty left. Spend just a bit more and go for AMD E-350 based netbooks. You will have peace of mind atleast.

Should i go for compaq 6530s(c2d 1.8ghz, 120GB hd, 1GB ram) lappy if i get it for around 11k ? it's 18 months old lappy.. I want to use it just for 1 yr before i go for MBA ...

is it a good deal ?

sbhas2k said:
Should i go for compaq 6530s(c2d 1.8ghz, 120GB hd, 1GB ram) lappy if i get it for around 11k ? it's 18 months old lappy.. I want to use it just for 1 yr before i go for MBA ...

is it a good deal ?

If you cannot extend the budget for a new laptop, then yes, it is a decent deal but see if you can have the price reduced to 10k and do check if you can get extended warranty as any issue with display or mainboard can put fire in your pocket.

Back