Seedbox Discussion Thread

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
For all your seedbox needs , doubts , suggestions , comparison of seedbox providers come here.

Ok, continuing our discussion on this thread:

I am getting PATHETIC download speeds now, I am only downloading one torrent as suggested by sam from IPT it has 63 seeders & it's downloading at 0.6 KBPS.

What could be the problem??

Even the uploads are pathetic, no matter what tracker, even though it has more than a hundred leechers.

seeder to leecher ratio is very good and bad for you

Whats the torrent size , out of those leechers many are partial seeders

go to IPT and pick up the latest TV torrent which has one seeder and try that

i have got 2.5 MB on a shared trial seedbox given to me by a member here on IPT

Yea, I am not getting good speeds even on IPT now, I have been seeding a latest tv episode with lots of leechers, but I only get 280-290 KBPS max.

Anyway, I have asked the admin to restart ru-torrents.

If you go over your quota your download speed will be limited to kb/s, your torrents will not be stopped and your upload will continue to run normally. Once you delete some files the download speed will be restored automatically.

how much space have u used ?

Its definitely due to high RAM resource check your top on your box they must provide you the access to restart rutorrent i usually restart once a day to free up defunct process.

somu,

Try stopping all the other torrents and start only one fresh torrent and check the speed. Have they alloted a set ram for you ? How much is it ? Or you are supposed to share the common ram ?

@dinjo, nice initiative man :)

I have not shared the box with any one. But I have freed up space & it did improve the situtation a lot. But the seeding speed goes upto max 2-3 MBPS now.

i meant shared user on server !

don't how many users sharing the speed since its only 50gb space many heavy users updating fresh torrents at frequent basis resulting in uneven UL speeds among users.

do you have filelist account ? get those latest freeleech torrents & check , should achieve some high ul speeds.

somu, if you are getting 3-4MB/s on average, then I feel its good. You wont get constant 10-20MB/s or more. One more thing to consider which these providers(resellers) dont disclose is the 10Gbps or 1Gbps speeds are only for their internal network. Seed.st is using france ovh (you can log on to ovh.com and check for yourself). Which means when the torrent is uploading to other boxes in their own datacenter you will achieve those speeds. But the speeds to external network (from the seedbox to the internet) are 200mbps (22MB/s).If you are uploading to someone on some other network then 22MB/s will be the maximum you will achieve.Then the sharing clause also comes into picture. Depending on how many are using the box you will get that much upload speed.

ok so speed on these plans are shared among 11 users. you should be getting around 4-5MBps constant . 10-15MBps with newer torrents. looks like you are not seeding right torrents currently.

@vishal- couldn't find any info about this. still don't think that should be the problem considering the number of servers they have.

xKQEY.jpg

@overlord - The screen is just one of their server.I dont know which one he is on. But all of the gbps servers have 200mbps upload to the internet.

Although as you said it wont make much of a difference since there are many ovh users out there, but in the rare possibility that he is presently connected to non-ovh boxes then speeds will be at max 200mbps.

Back