Storage Solutions Seeking a good DVD writer with Lightscribe- 7 Oct 2008.

BIKeINSTEIN

Skilled
Looking for a DVD writer with lightscribe. :)

Pleast list the best ones available locally and post the prices too if possible.

And i need more info on Lightscribe.

Like - availability of LS media locally, prices locally, which brand/model to get locally, Which brand/model to get from the US, etc etc.

Can someone please write a guide/tutorial on Lighscribe drives and media? :p

I use Verbatim DVD LS media, as well as Verbatim colored LS CD media and HP (MBI) regular golden color LS media. Can show you some samples on msn ;)

Im in the market for a burner too...my BenQ 1655 is only burning at 2x-4x no matter what media or speed i try :(

Thanks mem_dv- please do let me know on your decision. :)
That 1655 ain't very old iirc- how come giving probs? :(
Did you use it fairly enough or not?
Wasn't it one that you had picked up from lammy as it was the last of the genuine BenQ's with the Nexperia chipset or something like that. :p

Seems like there is a duscussion going on in the optical guide thread following our posts there. :)
http://www.techenclave.com/storage-solutions/optical-drive-guide-87543-17.html

Yep - Have abused it...too many LS burns in the recent past...it seems to be doing CDs and LS prints just fine - DVD burns are a problem.

Called up a couiple of dealers for Samsung SH-S223Q (has lightscribe iirc).
Why that- coz a SH203B worked perfectly in that nF4 rig i want the LS burner for- so hoping the 223Q will work too. :p
Forget that, no lightscribe burners available. :O

Can anyone please check on availability of LS DVD burners in Mumbai and what models we are limited to as per availability? :(

:sos:
Guys!!!!!!!
I still haven't found a LS burner locally. :(
I need HELP... may i please have the name and model number of a good DVD writer with Lightscribe that is available locally. :)

BIKeINSTEIN said:
:sos:
Guys!!!!!!!
I still haven't found a LS burner locally. :(
I need HELP... may i please have the name and model number of a good DVD writer with Lightscribe that is available locally. :)

Croma : external LG for 2k :p

memories_dv said:
I use Verbatim DVD LS media, as well as Verbatim colored LS CD media and HP (MBI) regular golden color LS media. matter what media or speed i try :(

Are these media available in mumabai ? if yes at what price and where ?

Any internal ones?
The external LG at Croma was 1800-1900/- iirc and can fetch me '2x' Samsung SH223 for a couple of hundred bucks more. :p
Unfortunatley the SH223Q, which supports lightscribe too, was not available here when i last checked. :(

Just ran a search on ebay for Mumbai based sellers of Lightscribe drives/media

LG GH20LS10 SATA 20X 1490.00, ASUS DRW-2014L1T 1700.00. Prices were cheaper last week, looks like prices are headed north with the Rupee falling vs USD.

vb86 said:
+1.

burns well and lightscribe works like a charm.

not only does it burn well..........but it is long lasting...i have been using it for almost 4 years now............without any problems....not one....:hap2: :hap2:

DVD Writers

DRU-835A Retail Boxed Pack ,Lightscribe @ Rs :1578/- + Shipping [PATA]
DRU-845S Retail Boxed Pack,Lightscribe @ Rs :1647/- + Shipping [SATA]

Contact Amarbir

Not sure if they are good or not

Back