Budget 41-50k Seeking advice on a new PC build

Why do you want a 24" monitor? it will unnecessarily increase the total cost? Stick to 22".
==> I'll doing some Photoshop work on this rig. So, I thought 24" will be fine.

Zotac GTX 650ti Boost 2 GB is avilable at 12,699 at mdcomputers.in
==> Thank you !!! I will check the local price (SP road, bangalore), and decide where to buy.

DO NOT go for 3rd gen Intel processors. It is a dead end.
==> Does AMD has any plans for coming out with another AM3+ processor ?

APC 600VS UPS will NOT be enough to power this rig. It's rated at 600 VA with a power factor of ~0.6. This means it can deliver only 600*0.6 = 360 Watts which is less then the power consumption of your rig.
==> Do you have any suggestion for me ?

Asus M5A97 R2.0 (7200)
==> Will there be any issue if I go for "Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P" board with FX 8320 ?

many thanks for helping out !

> Not sure about AMD's future release. They mey release a new chip for AM3+ or they may focus only on APUs.

> APC 1.1 kVA will be enough but is quite expensive. APC now offers only 600 VA and 1.1 kVA models. You can try microtech also but stay away from other brands.

> I couldn't find any reviews for that motherboard. Did you mean DS3 (without 'p')?

> APC 1.1 kVA will be enough but is quite expensive. APC now offers only 600 VA and 1.1 kVA models. You can try microtech also but stay away from other brands.

Harishil,

I've another doubt when it comes to UPS. I'm pretty sure that this question was asked many times.
we've a home UPS (we call it inverter locally) at my place (hometown). is it harmful to run the computer on Home UPS ?
Home UPS is connected to the main board, and all power plugs will be active even if the external power fails.
I'll be connecting my Computer UPS to one of these power plugs.
I don't have an inverter at the place where I stay now, so I've no experience with it

I've decided to go with the below configuration..

AMD FX6300
ASUS M5A97 R2.0
Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB
WD Blue 1TB
Asus 24X DVD RW
Antec V1
Dell S2240L
Zotac 650ti Boost 2GB DDR5

Now I've to decide on the below items..
PSU (I'll not be overcloking anything)
2.1 Speaker System
UPS

waiting for your suggestions.

were you able to find anything interesting?

I found something. What I found is that if the inverter provides pure sine wave output, there is no problem. But, if it provides pseudo sine output, you may still be able to run your pc but the PSU's efficiency and power capacity will reduce for the period.[DOUBLEPOST=1390016642][/DOUBLEPOST]
I've decided to go with the below configuration..

AMD FX6300
ASUS M5A97 R2.0
Kingston HyperX Blu 4GB
WD Blue 1TB
Asus 24X DVD RW
Antec V1
Dell S2240L
Zotac 650ti Boost 2GB DDR5

Now I've to decide on the below items..
PSU (I'll not be overcloking anything)
2.1 Speaker System
UPS

waiting for your suggestions.

PSU: Antec VP550P for 3600.

You need to get ups as home inverter has some delay in switching over. You try microtek 800va I think its suffice for your PC.
thanks for the suggestion..
do you think that UPS will be work with Active PFC on my PSU ?[DOUBLEPOST=1390033727][/DOUBLEPOST]
I found something. What I found is that if the inverter provides pure sine wave output, there is no problem. But, if it provides pseudo sine output, you may still be able to run your pc but the PSU's efficiency and power capacity will reduce for the period.[DOUBLEPOST=1390016642][/DOUBLEPOST]

PSU: Antec VP550P for 3600.

thanks for the info ..

yes it will work with no problems.
I saw an ad showing intex giving 2yrs warranty on UPS, you try searching this one also.Can anyone shed some light on intex company.

Last edited:
finally bought the following items..

Intel i5 4440 --------- 10980
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H --------- 5376
Kingston HyperX 4GB 1600Mhz --------- 2600
Western Digital Blue 1TB --------- 3543
LG DVD RW 24x --------- 866
Antec VP450P --------- 2358
Logitech Keyboard --------- 0
Logitech Mouse --------- 0
Edifier M1380 --------- 2100
Dell 22" S2240L --------- 8700

Will have to buy a cabinet ("Cooler master K281" / "BitFenix Merc Alpha USB2 + USB 3 bracket"), UPS (APC 600VA or V-Guard 600VA), and a graphics card (once R7 265 comes to India).

If your budget for the graphics is still 12k then the GTX 750 Ti is the way to go! Full HD gaming at the lowest power consumption! You should consider this option!

If your budget for the graphics is still 12k then the GTX 750 Ti is the way to go! Full HD gaming at the lowest power consumption! You should consider this option!

If you have read review carefully
gtx 750 ti provide around 20-30 fps on average setting...
Better to go with gtx 660

Yeah i did but isnt the GTX 660 more power hungry? and also its more expensive! OP has already spent 40k of his budget! He still has the cabinet and UPS to purchase with the GFX card! So yeah the GTX 660 owns the 750 Ti but at the OP's budget its the best bet!

Ya, we all know gtx 660 is more power hungry, but no point in buying weak gpu that barely handle game at full HD...
Even r7 265 beat 750 ti in every game.. Power consumption will be not that significant..

Correct.. But that gives you lower fps..[DOUBLEPOST=1393293340][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ya, we all know gtx 660 is more power hungry, but no point in buying weak gpu that barely handle game at full HD...
Even r7 265 beat 750 ti in every game.. Power consumption will be not that significant..
I've 13.5 K left for buying a GPU.
So, I'll go for an R7 265.
no idea when will it get launched here in our country.

Sure man! Let me know what the damage is like when you get it! I am looking to update my rig's gfx card too and was about to get the 750Ti, till i saw mention of the R7 265 here!

Back