Sell iPhone 3GS and buy iPhone 4G?

Seed

Adept
Hey, I have an iPhone 3GS I got from Canada. I'm going back there in a couple of months and can buy an iPhone 4G outright, which I'm thinking will be around $600 or so as usual. I was wondering how much I would get for a used white 16 GB 3GS in India? Will it cover a significant part of the cost for a new iPhone 4G?

Seed said:
Hey, I have an iPhone 3GS I got from Canada. I'm going back there in a couple of months and can buy an iPhone 4G outright, which I'm thinking will be around $600 or so as usual. I was wondering how much I would get for a used white 16 GB 3GS in India? Will it cover a significant part of the cost for a new iPhone 4G?
Depending on the condition and how old it is, a used 16GB 3GS should easily fetch you 23-27k.

A small tip of advice, if you haven't bought Apple's Protection Plan already, buy it before the warranty runs out so that its a lot easier to sell a phone that's under warranty. You can't buy it after the phone is more than a year old.

Seed said:
What does that have to do with this? I already have an unlocked 3GS bought from there on contract since I live there for majority of the year.

u might have unlocked it, good; but OS 4.0 is well due for release and the person who will buy this phone will be at bad luck if he tries to update the old OS to the new OS 4.0.

It will get locked to the original carrier u had a contract wit so which then he has to wait again for the jail breaking option.. he has to go to a local dealer and get it done, ending paying again his pie.

read tht article well pls before commenting of the same

^^ Why are these Techtree writers born ? Are they just college kids who get 5-6k to write stuff. Its so low quality and they are basically full time lamer

And ya you are following the Techtree writer that jail broken ones will be out of luck.... Are you connected to this world .......I dont have words for you....just google and you will find that hackers have promised that iPhone 4.0 OS will be hacked quite soon enough may be even within a week of launch. How can you even believe that article ???????? PPl of TE should stop visting Techtree at least....that way whatever u gain knowledge here you will be loosing at Techtree.

Why do u have to go to a dealer to unlock ? May be you are one of those who have to go to a dealer even to upgrade the Hard Disc !

LOL :rofl: ...... its lame when they find bakras believing what they write :rofl:

So even if someone try and sell u a Iphone 3G S for 15k ....u wont take it...since it will be locked when Iphone 4 OS comes :lmao:

abracadabra said:
u might have unlocked it, good; but OS 4.0 is well due for release and the person who will buy this phone will be at bad luck if he tries to update the old OS to the new OS 4.0.

It will get locked to the original carrier u had a contract wit so which then he has to wait again for the jail breaking option.. he has to go to a local dealer and get it done, ending paying again his pie.

read tht article well pls before commenting of the same

I realise you are new to the forums, but being the Tech forums, most members know the Iphone and its lock/unlock issues.

Also over 80% of the Iphones in India are not factory unlocked ones. Whatever a dealer can do in his shop, so can you will a little help from Google :p

Yeah, thats what I meant.. most people here should know that you don't upgrade firmware blindly on a jailbroken/unlocked iPhone without first checking if the dev team has released an unlock for it or not.. if someone upgrades blindly then its not the seller's fault and they can go pay some guy to unlock it again sooner or later coz they won't know how to do it themselves :|

and i'm sure the jailbreak for OS4 is out already or is very close to completion by now, just not for the public.

abracadabra said:
why do u find them lame?

are all ppl tech junkie as u r

Techtree is full of non-techie writers writing for non-techie readers and most often what they write is not even completely accurate. TE on the other hand is a tech forum whose members are mostly techies. So posting a half-assed article from Techtree or Tech2 does'nt make a lot of sense here. For example how many people here would really take their phones to the shops for updating the OS. The only things those sites are good for is news articles/announcements that are posted unedited form right from the source.

And till the time people started complaining the source used to be "Techtree News Staff" LMAO.

All the news staff would do is scout for news from their subscribed RSS feeds, pick a few random ones and paste as it is.

I may b wrong..but didn't Gizmodo mention that the new iPhone 4G will feature a mini-sim instead of the regular sim..mayb mini-sim is only for US since currently only At&t support mini-sim..I guess Canadian iPhone 4Gs will hav regular sim slots??

sehej said:
I may b wrong..but didn't Gizmodo mention that the new iPhone 4G will feature a mini-sim instead of the regular sim..mayb mini-sim is only for US since currently only At&t support mini-sim..I guess Canadian iPhone 4Gs will hav regular sim slots??
it's not hard at all to make your own mini-SIM out of your existing sim card. But then again, when you want to use it with another phone, you will have to get a duplicate sim card from your network carrier.

Back