Seller Reputation in question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikrusty

Adept
Hi all,

Need your advice. I have a seller selling Palit Nvidia 260GTX (with warranty) on TE. His user name is vinay_thakkur. Now he's a junior member joined in Mar 2009, has about 44 posts or so, all posts about deals going on TE, but nothing transacted I think!

Now his reputation score shows "Vinay_thakkur is quite disreputable". WOAH that scares me. Is this an automated score which every new member gets? Should I be VERY careful of that?

Also he's not mailed me his photos of the card his selling which I've requested.

He's given me his details, lives in Pune (I'm from Mumbai), his acc number, name, home address, mobile number.

Should I deal with him or not????

---------------
I've another deal which I've already paid for Corsair TX750 from Roboghost. Now him I didn't mind him inspite of no photos (which he himself offered to send) cause he's a VERY REputable member.

Am I doing this right? Can I take reputation of members on TE SERIOUSLY, so much so as to trust my hard earned money with sellers without seeing, touching the product?

Please advise!!

PS:- I put it in the Hot, Deals and Discussions, as this is a Discussion. I hope am right mods?

well reputation is something different...

i used to have a negative rep when i as a joke, asked for reps in one of my post..

i got -31 reps and an infraction too..

mine was something like ragzdiablo is dreadful..

so maybe he broke some rule and some mod gave him a negative rep..

If he is full feeling all the request u ask for then it may b good deal bt
all r new when they join m also junior member.when comes to buy no problem bt when to sell there is problem.:mad:

no 1 fools tat way so we prefer NEFT.
and sometimes perfer local pickup.

in TE there lots of deals no gr8 deals i came across.:clap:

Thanks ragzdiablo and panky.killer for the quick replies. So what you guys are saying that I should go ahead and buy the Palit 260GTX. But I want to see the Pics first, I think that would be fair right?

@panky.killer...lol what a username...did u want pain.killer or panty.killer and didn't get either :p

Also if god forbid the deal does go down bad wherein he doesn't send the 260GTX card, then I don't think TE can do anything right? TE has no power to resolve except perhaps ban him?

Do any of you reputated members know him or have dealt with him before?

nikrusty said:
Also if god forbid the deal does go down bad wherein he doesn't send the 260GTX card, then I don't think TE can do anything right? TE has no power to resolve except perhaps ban him?

Do any of you reputated members know him or have dealt with him before?

That's the most TE can do in such a case. That's the reason why out-station dealings are preferably done with reputed members(By this i mean many things, ACTUAL reputation, reputation points, join date, post count and most importantly iTrader ratings).

You can trust any reputed member like "Roboghost" in your case. Try to deal face to face with new member otherwise take reference to his known reputed member.

Hi thanks all,

Just spoke to him, he's sent the pics. The pics are legit. He had sent to the wrong email add first. Am gonna buy from him.

No hard feelings vinay_thakkur.

Am still keeping this open till I receive the card and test it.

went through that member's profile..
apart from the initial posts required to be eligible to post in market..i found hardly a few post that were made out of market section..
i think he is here only for business and i wouldn't risk to buy from any such user online but that is just my opinion.
it's your money and risk in the end.

panky.killer said:
If he is full feeling all the request u ask for then it may b good deal bt

????
anyway, what i do incases like these is ask the seller to put in ob ebay and purchase it from there. it has both buyer and seller protection!

salluks said:
????
anyway, what i do incases like these is ask the seller to put in ob ebay and purchase it from there. it has both buyer and seller protection!

Yes well at the same time the seller/buyer has to shell out more as ebay takes a cut too! But to get something you gotta lose something.

Anyway have been in touch with him and will transfer the money tomorrow to him. Fingers-crossed!

If you think the pics are legit, and the guy sounds honest go ahead with the deal..
I recently bought a 4870 from a guy with no itrader feedback, but first made sure the card in question was legit, spoke on the phone n the deal went through smoothly..
Good luck!

U can blindly deal with Roboghost can't say about the first member. Ask him for the pics atleast and see if he can deliver the card first and u can pay later if possible.

It's good if one posts the pics along with his username and maybe also include a hand sign or his figure with the item in one hand & username on the other....or maybe a video even...:)

well he says he's shipped, so waiting for it to arrive soon. Got the tracking num too. But haven't checked yet!

Just received the Palit 260GTX from vinay_thakkur right now 10-mins back. Am gonna clean it and then test it out. After that will close this thread

A special thanks to vinay_thakkur, I really bothered him a lot :p

Expect +1 itrader rating just after testing it ;)

----UPDATE-----

Vinay has lived upto his end of the promise. Pailt 260 working fine. Sorry to doubt you vinay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back