Selling Stolen Products in Market section

Manually approving makes no sense and will increase mods workload.
Let the community moderate the sellers thread by asking relevant questions.
Mods wont allow OT. And bans are ineffective, scrupulous thieves will find a way to deal. They know how to beat the system. Recently They cocked a snook and nothing could be done other than rap on the knuckles

IMNSHO, to minimize fraud and reselling, market place should be accessible only for members with 25+ posts and at-least 1 month old.

IMNSHO, to minimize fraud and reselling, market place should be accessible only for members with 25+ posts and at-least 1 month old.
Hmm,not a good idea,not against it.anothor forum implemented same rule of 30 good post before posting in sale section.forum lost it's charm within six months.have seen bad effect of same rule in past in another good forum

I think it was recently mentioned that price policing will NOT be allowed except maybe mentioning the current market prices to educate the seller in case his pricing is far higher than market price. And if he still wants to sell high, so be it.
Post automatically merged:

Also, OT's, except related to the sale/items should not be allowed obviously.

The rules are simple common sense really, the only problem happening recently was mods willfully turning a blind eye and over-policing by deleting even thread/item relevant posts.

Not sure why we need to keep rehashing this.

Also, OT's, except related to the sale/items should not be allowed obviously.

There need to be serious infractions for OT posts as well, otherwise some people just don't learn. Because price policing is still going on without proper links to current selling price of the products being sold. I have posted one such example I came across in the 'Market Price Discussion Thread' but all the action is currently in this thread so no one cares for it anymore.

Now this--- https://techenclave.com/community/threads/sealed-google-nest-mini-charcoal.194200
I really don't understand why you even order when the product itself isn't required?
Why are you concerned with why he bought it or why he's selling it? It's completely within his rights to do either. He isn't doing anything illegal OR unethical. Also apparently not hiding anything.

These kinds of nonsense complaints are diverting from the real issues.

I guess it doesn't matter anyway, since the mods don't seem to be concerned much anyway.

Is over policing still happening? Or is it that price policing is not being controlled.
I meant there were a lot of discussions recently, but no decisions. At least none made public.
Post automatically merged:

This isn't even the right thread for these discussions, in fact the OP should have been merged with the other thread from the start...

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to make a suggestion on the rule about invoices. Sellers should be mandatorily required to post the copy of the invoice on the thread itself with personal details redacted if needed but it should clearly show the serial numbers and the one on the product. Sellers should not be encouraged to follow the practise of sharing invoices in private where the opportunity to mislead buyers is high.

I see no reason whatsoever for people to claim they have invoices which they can only share privately. What's to hide besides the personal details which can easily be redacted and shared on the sale thread itself??

If no invoice is available, they should clearly state so but having one and saying will share in private should not be allowed IMO

Another rule which should be revised in marketplace is one shouldn't be allowed to mask/ hide the purchase price. I have never found a logic behind it. In fact in the entire invoice the only thing one should be allowed to mask is the personal details but everything else should be left untouched.

I meant there were a lot of discussions recently, but no decisions. At least none made public.
I made a post on this and so did @logistopath. That clarifies our stand on the subject. I am sure the mods in question also understood the gist of the conversation. If you still feel that over moderation or less moderation is going on, please do point out.

I made a post on this and so did @logistopath. That clarifies our stand on the subject. I am sure the mods in question also understood the gist of the conversation. If you still feel that over moderation or less moderation is going on, please do point out.
Sorry, i didn't see any such posts. Maybe because there's too much clutter. Is it in this thread or the other one?

Back