Audio Sennheiser IE 8 or Ultimate Ears Triple Fi 10

psygeist

faun
Adept
After a lot of deliberation I have narrowed down to these two IEMS. I was thinking of buyin Audio Technica A-900 headphone or Roccat Kave plus Xonar DX but ditched them because I am an IEM guy :eek:hyeah:

Now only if you guys can guide me which one is better. I heard IE 8 has warm sound signature. I am more inclined towards the IE 8 but want your opinion.

Mainly listen to Post-Rock (Explosions in The Sky, Mogwai etc) and occasional mainstream music.

I can find IE8 on infibeam for around 15.6k after discount.
Sennheiser IE8 0GB Price India, Sennheiser IE8 Review, Sennheiser Headphone India - Infibeam.com

Is there a reliable local store in pune to get this at the same price or lower ?

Well if I have to choose between the A900 and the IE8, I would go for the A900(i simply liked them a lot when I had auditioned them, they have the best low end, the bass extends really deep on these.). The only reason I wouldn 't go for these is Unless i'm not a headphone guy ;) .

Between the IE8 and TF10, I believe the TF10 offers a better value for money. I haven't tried the IE8 so can't comment on the sound sig but from what i've read, it's worth the price. So if you can spend as much for the IE8, you'll definitely get what you pay for which is better than the TF10.

In terms of SQ, whether the IE8 is better than the TF10, well, I can't really comment on that. That is something only you can decide for you. :)

Well you have better/cheaper options.

You can go for the Head-Direct RE262, which is being sold for a huge discount on the Head-Direct site for $150. Check out head-fi.org for reviews, it matches the quality of a $500 in ear.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Well you have better/cheaper options.
You can go for the Head-Direct RE262, which is being sold for a huge discount on the Head-Direct site for $150. Check out head-fi.org for reviews, it matches the quality of a $500 in ear.

IE8 vs TF10 has always been a huge debate, esp if you see on head-fi. i have TF10 but haven't heard IE8.

based on the current prices of TF10, i feel TF10 is more value for money as its available for almost 40-50% less than the cost of IE8. And 'based on simply what i have read', IE8 is definitely not 40 or 50% better than TF10 for the price it commands.

there are many new TF10 being sold here on TE for approx 8-9k. you can find some good deal online too.

Back