Sennheiser service center denied warranty for Flipkart Purchase

^^ That's what it means. At the very least, they are offering the option letting their service engineer verify authenticity and decide whether to honor warranty.

In any case, with these brands, if the product is not DOA, its very very unlikely that they would go bad in 2~3 years. Its the ear pads that you need to mostly take care of getting damaged.

Well I once sent an RMA request and they told me to come to their service centre/office in Gurgaon. :|
I was very shocked to know that such a very reputed company has no service centre in Delhi. Wow.

Presently, there is no other authorized online store listed by them other than their own store.
Applying this generally to online sales. How does one know if a seller is authorized on any of the online sites. There are exceptions but they remain largely that.

You have to contact the manufacturer, point them to the link, wait for them to reply.

Now do that with any thing you see, each and every time ?

if its amazon fulfilled then there is ten day window. otherwise its take your chances.

There is no difference in this case between amazon and a real life bazaar.

Applying this generally to online sales. How does one know if a seller is authorized on any of the online sites. There are exceptions but they remain largely that.

You have to contact the manufacturer, point them to the link, wait for them to reply.

if its amazon fulfilled then there is ten day window. otherwise its take your chances.

Myntra used to have an authorised 'Casio online dealer' certificate shown on their website. Another reason there was hardly any discount ever on Casio watches apart from the regular 10%. Once, however, due to a glitch, the generic 35% off HDFC coupon got applied and me and a lot of my friends were able to get our hands on a couple of G-shocks at mouth watering prices.

You will obviously have to go through the extra trouble if you want to ensure you have warranty. Companies like Sennheiser and Audio Technica has similar policies in other countries as well and they give a list of online/offline retailers from whom you can buy the products.

I personally don't care about warranty for most products. I put cost and convenience over warranty. The products are either good enough that you won't ever need to avail warranty while it lasts or they have so crappy after sales that you might just as well buy a new product than go through the exercise in futility that is claiming warranty. There are only a few kinds of products where you would like to have warranty like for instance storage products like HDD or SSD.

For stuff like good quality headphones from top brands like Sennheiser you would rarely need warranty if they are not DOA. I have used headphones from Sennheiser, JVC, Audio Technica and none of them have gone bad. I am using my Audio Technica AD700's for 6 years now and the only thing that they needed was an ear pad change.

Back