Sensor that detects rumination in cows

Hello

I want to know how can i develop (or train) a sensor that detects rumination in cows. There are multiple types of sensors like accelerometers, rumination boluses, temperature sensors, and acoustic sensors, but i want to focus on accelerometers. Maybe embedded systems people can help me here. I know that we already have these kind of sensors in the market. But what would be the process if i want to develop one of my own?

Do i take a generic accelerometer and record data and label it and then train a ML model? Or is there an accelerometer that will give the required information already?

Any information would be good.

Thanks

I am not an expert in this area but apparently doing a Google search helps everyone -

Thanks for the link. The article is about detecting rumination through video, helpful but i wanted to know if there is a way i can achieve this without training a model, or even if i have to train a model i can do so for cheap.

Thanks for the link. The article is about detecting rumination through video, helpful but i wanted to know if there is a way i can achieve this without training a model, or even if i have to train a model i can do so for cheap.
Maybe contact the authors of that piece

Back