PC Peripherals Serious dust covers

Shripad

ex-Mod
Mar 17, 2005
Class M Planet
Not worth the trouble.
Are you gona take off the dustcover everytime you operate the PC?
If no then its bad for the PC. most of them will restrict the airflow.
Rather clean the interior of PC every month or so. Dosent take much time.

Rave

ex-Mod
Jan 11, 2005
in that case, use any kinda bed sheet or something to cover ur entire workstation, easy to remove, and easy to cover again ;)

Quad Master

Skilled
Apr 17, 2005
Mumbai, IN
Ya bed sheet is used by some of my friends to cover there entire PC.
You can try it.
Had plastic covers provided with my HP Pavilion used it for a year and then bye bye cover ;)

I seriously dont feel the need of a cover , you can do a weekly exterior cleaning
& monthly interior cleaning.

medpal

Resident Medic
Skilled
Mar 16, 2005
The City of Diamonds.
using branded dust covers or others available in market have a prob.

they are made of plastic, rexin, leather (artificial) like synthetic materials and they them selves gather a lot of dust and after a while they look ugly.

instead you can do one thing if you have one big piece of cloth (old bedsheet / dress / denim pants ) you can hire a tailor and ask him to stitch a cover for you. it will be cheaper / more elegant / better fitting / will allow air circulation so for a little work you can let them on.

and yeah the bedsheet hiding is a good option too.

Rockyme2002

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
Mumbai
Bedsheets here :p ...
PC on 24/7 .....just put it on the PC while goin to sleep ....covers evrythng till the feet of the table......nd in the mornin.........its just abra-ca-dabra :p :cool2:

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
Jan 31, 2005
Bangalore
i once bought a dust cover, made sexy cable sleeves from it for my mammoth Powersafe 500W :eek:hyeah:

looked reeeeal sexy, but became loose as time progressed...switched over to condom tapes now....

dscn25250ke.jpg

uknowme007

Disciple
Jun 5, 2005
Hey MAte...

I got a dust cover from my comp dealer locally for FREE...lol...

I dont use them tho...Coz only time my PC is off is whn I slepp...and U cant cover it ASA u switch of...give the pc som time cool off...

If u insist go for a degradable material like cotton.......it will help in releasin and wont let in dust...Wish I cud show u mine somehow..lets see wat I can do....

Cheerz and Gud luc huntin...

Apr 24, 2005
well Mate ther are a lot of ppl who deal in the computer covers.....I got one custome made and it is see thru........cost rs500 .......and the sides are also perforated in such a way that the air flows in......u might try it.

SunnyBoi

Branch Manager
Staff member
Patron
Jan 31, 2005
Bangalore
uknowme007 said:
If u insist go for a degradable material like cotton.......it will help in releasin.....Wish I cud show u mine somehow..lets see wat I can do....

whoops!! :rofl: :rofl:

i use a HUUUGE paintbrush (used by those wall painters ) to wipe off the dust on my monitor and cabinet once a week...orks out fine.