Server hardware configurtion

latinoheatx

Disciple
Need to purchase a small but powerful and scalable server/desktop for my startup IT firm. It should support a minimum of 32 gb RAM. The basic configuration would be:

Intel xeon E 5607(quad core)/ Intel i7-2600 (3.40 GHz, 8MB cache)

250gb SATA 7200RPM 3.5"

8gb*1 DDR3-1333MHz

Red Hat Linux (Enterprise edition)

Where can I get this in Mumbai at a reasonable price?

Thanks for your help.

Get a quote from IBM or DELL if you are looking to buy whole server as one piece.

If you are going to build it yourself then fill the template
<
... Also mention intended apps to run as I don't think you need E5607 unless very intense app

Need to purchase a small but powerful and scalable server/desktop for my startup IT firm. It should support a minimum of 32 gb RAM. The basic configuration would be:

Intel xeon E 5607(quad core)/ Intel i7-2600 (3.40 GHz, 8MB cache)

250gb SATA 7200RPM 3.5"

8gb*1 DDR3-1333MHz

Red Hat Linux (Enterprise edition)

Where can I get this in Mumbai at a reasonable price?

Thanks for your help.
If this is going to Run to run for more than 10Hrs a day than better go for Xeon 5507.

If you can afford then go for Xeon 5620 very good processor.

Mobo, go for Intel S5500BCR cheapest good option. Dont go for S5500BC it has Raid issue.

This Mobo runs with normal/standard DDR3 Ram also but suggested is a Registered Ram.

Mobo Supports 2 CPU's and 8 Memory Slots, hence apply 2 CPU's with 16GB Ram It Will work Butter Smooth.

hi, thanks to all for your inputs. The requirement was for a friend, he had quotes from both IBM and dell. Finally got one configured from Prime, lammy.

Back