Set up my new rig

Vandal

Skilled
Nov 9, 2005
OK guys, not much with all the Core 2 Duo's on TE, but I finally replaced my b1tch rig with something more substantial. This will be used for browsing, mostly office work (its in office today, where I set it up). Should take it home on wednesday. It's replacing rig number 3 (P4 2.4HT) which is finally scrapped. The new is a Pentium D 920, 3 GB RAM (all DDR2 800) and a Sapphire X1800XT 512.

I'm still gonna use the 4800+/7900GTX as a gaming rig, but I just had to set up another PC. Still have a total of 3 (one back home).

I'll have time for a C2D rig (probably) :p before family puts the haathkadi's on, and become a hubby ;)

here are a couple of screenies -

Haven't had time for any cam shots of the hardware yet, knowing my photography s(kills), you guys'd probably go "yeeuck" anyways.

oh and before anyone asks the chick on my desktop is Kristen Kreuk..:eek:hyeah:

vv - dadaa call me vandy again and K your sorry A goodbye...you are in near MP now, ghar sei uthwaa leyenge bacha..

Vandal

Skilled
Nov 9, 2005
Josh said:
Nice setup !!

U setup all ur machines at office ?? Hmmm i was thinking where u get the hardware from ?? Test samples ??

Nope... I have to get the electrician to check my sockets at home, before I set up my comp, That's why at office...

Nope again, all the rigs are using my own money 100%. I only got the x1900xt from asus... That's all. besides I had a lot of PC stuff before I even started working here...

Got a hardware shop back home in Jabalpur too... Just a craze/passion/call it what u will...:)

Vandal

Skilled
Nov 9, 2005
arrow055 said:
How much did the 3 GB ram cost you???

well I got the corsair kit for 12K, 2 gigs. The OCZ (1 GB) I'd bought much earlier, through kevin and switch, that was for around 5.6K from newegg (US 125 or something), I'm adding the delivery etc. that kevin charged.

^^ Josh, I could easily swap 2 gigs of corsair into my C2D rig, which I still have plans for... plus with the price seeming stable (or rising slightly) it seemed a good idea considering what I paid for the corsair's.