setting up a n/w

freestyler

Disciple
hey guys help me configure this setup...i'm really a noob when it comes to networkin...
...i want to connect 3 computers and 2 printers in a n/w so dat i can transfer data from one computer to another...i also want d facility of choosin which printer to print the data from any desired computer....
..in other words..
...if there are 3 computers A B and C and 2 printers P1 and P2...then if want to print data which is being shown on computer B i shud ve the flexibility of choosin which printer P1 or P2 is goin to print the data....
same thing goes for data transferin...i shud b able to transfer data from comp A to B or any of the 6 combinations....
...<<<NOTE>>> one of the computer is connected to the Internet n i dont want...the other 2 computers to access the same...also when i enable sharin of data from one computer to another i don want d outer LAN to get d privilege of accessin the data from any of the three computers.

The Most important things u missed out to mention are

A. Which OS are using on all nodes ??
B. What model are the printers ??
C. What Internet connection are u using ???
D. Are the nodes already connected using a Switch/Hub etc... ??

all the computers r using XP...

...how does the model of the printer matter?....but still i'll check it up...

...the inter net connection is 7 star broad band 512kbps unlimited...

...n as only one computer is connected to internet so i dont think der is ny question of usin switch b/w d 3 computers.

Back