Setting up gmail on a BB without BIS

amitmk

Adept
I just bought a BB. I do not want to pay more for the BIS and want to set up gmail and get it to download mails through wifi.

How can i do this?

get 3rd party applications like funmbol for Push Mail...

Otherwise for Gmail specifically there's an application..just google download Gmail for Blackberry ...it will direct you to a download page..

But in that application u have to retrieve the mails yourself...

Install Logicmail email client for Blackberry...it supports POP and IMAP protocols...enable IMAP in your gmail account and use logic mail to fetch the mails...

m.khurana said:
get 3rd party applications like funmbol for Push Mail...

Otherwise for Gmail specifically there's an application..just google download Gmail for Blackberry ...it will direct you to a download page..

But in that application u have to retrieve the mails yourself...
No you dont. It syncs automatically and shows a star on the Gmail icon if you have new mails. For convenience you can place the icon on the home screen.

Renegade said:
No you dont. It syncs automatically and shows a star on the Gmail icon if you have new mails. For convenience you can place the icon on the home screen.
You saying this for Funmbol or for Gmail for BB?

amitmk said:
How do i stop Funmbol from starting up at every reboot? Not too happy with it. Will try Logicmail.
You either have to uninstall it..or go in the application on BB and change the permissions...

hi guys .....i read your above posts..about gmail ....but i want to get email on bb curve 8520 with no bis activation and also i want to use it through my Vodafone network .as i have got hack done on my bb curve for using internet without bis...can i use this internet to receive mail in gmail also .....any help???

Back