SFF case without the need to pay itx tax..

Hi Guys,

I wanted a micro atx case to fit my micro atx motherboard and atx psu. I had cooler master NR200 earlier with a mini itx board and sfx psu. The ryzen setup was an overkill for my usage so got hold of an i5 11th gen intel system.
While looking for a micro itx case, I stumbled upon this case on amazon which looked very similar to this popular case "sama IM01". Well i was right, zebronics had rebranded them. I ordered it and with the help of fellow forum member @Rud3dawg , i was able to build a compact system with the following parts. It was easy to build. Just a bit of planing is required. Overall there were few hiccups but i am happy the way it turned out. Also a 3d printed bracket to add 120mm rear fan helped a lot with the temps and airflow. It is slightly bigger than NR200 at 22L volume. Lots of space saving without breaking the bank. Gpu length is limited if using a psu of length more than 140mm.
  1. core i5 11400f
  2. Asrock B560m pro4 ac
  3. 2*8gb crucial 3600mhz cl16
  4. 4tb 2.5inch hdd
  5. 2 nvme 1tb and 512gb
  6. corsair Cx650m
  7. Asrock 6600xt
  8. Cooler master Hyper 212 BE
  9. Zebronics Woodan case
  10. 4 120mm fan including one at rear using 3d printed bracket
Ask me anything regarding this case.

Regards
20220313_222613.jpg

Comparison pics without panels alongside ssupd meshilicious and inwin chopin.

20220305_185633.jpg

Attachments

• 20220313_222746.jpg
    20220313_222746.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 342
  • 20220313_222727.jpg
    20220313_222727.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG-20220313-WA0020.jpeg
    IMG-20220313-WA0020.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 734
Last edited:
i was looking forward to a build showcase with this case. I feel one should make holes in the front plate and also use a SFX psu with front intake fans.

i was looking forward to a build showcase with this case. I feel one should make holes in the front plate and also use a SFX psu with front intake fans.
Sfx psu definitely makes it easier all around but a decent sfx is extremely overpriced at the moment. Also a front ventilated panel would be best. I changed the rear fan and cooler to intake and the thermals are decent now.

I doubt that's necessary, because like the NR200, this case just has the SF PSUs taking in fresh air from the motherboard side. This layout also reduces fan noise in general as there are no facings directly facing you. I'm a fan of this layout (no pun intended).

@itzmydamnlyf thanks for posting the build! Can you share what the printed bracket looks like?
Can you also comment on the quality of the dust filters?

I doubt that's necessary, because like the NR200, this case just has the SF PSUs taking in fresh air from the motherboard side. This layout also reduces fan noise in general as there are no facings directly facing you. I'm a fan of this layout (no pun intended).

@itzmydamnlyf thanks for posting the build! Can you share what the printed bracket looks like?
Can you also comment on the quality of the dust filters?
Thanks man. Sure attaching a pic of the 80mm to 120mm fan bracket. I also remixed this for rear intake orientation and added the stl of the bracket on thingiverse for people to print it out themselves. Here is the link https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5317235

Also. there was only one filter on the top panel and nowhere else. Ideally it should be on intake side and not on exhaust. I just transferred it to the bottom panel. The filter is magnetic and slots into the grooves of bottom panel with some persuasion.

20220315_111700.jpg

Last edited:
I saw this on amazon a week or so ago and glad to know my suspicions of it being a SAMA clone are true. It's still bigger than What I am looking at if I decide to go SFF but boy I hope more cases get rebadged by Indian companies. Saves the hassle and crazy cost of importing single pieces.

I saw this on amazon a week or so ago and glad to know my suspicions of it being a SAMA clone are true. It's still bigger than What I am looking at if I decide to go SFF but boy I hope more cases get rebadged by Indian companies. Saves the hassle and crazy cost of importing single pieces.
It does look big in pictures but its a measly 20L only. Its slighly bigger than the NR200 or SSUPD meshlicious. If u want something smaller than this, i suggest have a look at dan A4 H2O. Its not available in India. Maybe u can connect with Rahul to get the best pricing.

It does look big in pictures but its a measly 20L only. Its slighly bigger than the NR200 or SSUPD meshlicious. If u want something smaller than this, i suggest have a look at dan A4 H2O. Its not available in India. Maybe u can connect with Rahul to get the best pricing.

Don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with the case. It's just that IF I was going SFF I wouldn't want a case bigger than https://caseend.com/data/mechanic-master/mechanic-master-c26 since I would want to be able to carry it with me. Also the Zeb/Sama won't support my Noctua D14. I was looking at SFF MAtx cases since I want to add a 10gbe card to it and well adding m.2 -> pcie adaptors, etc is not something I want at this point.

Don't get me wrong. There's nothing wrong with the case. It's just that IF I was going SFF I wouldn't want a case bigger than https://caseend.com/data/mechanic-master/mechanic-master-c26 since I would want to be able to carry it with me. Also the Zeb/Sama won't support my Noctua D14. I was looking at SFF MAtx cases since I want to add a 10gbe card to it and well adding m.2 -> pcie adaptors, etc is not something I want at this point.
The case you mentioned is awesome but it costs a bomb if i remember correctly. Or best is 3d print a case

No getting around the fact that m-ITX component availability in India is atrocious, as is the pricing. Mounting supply chain issues and costs have only made matters worse.

Back