SGS2 Owners Rejoice : Stable Cyanogenmod 7 Released for Galaxy S2

1. Camera - works fine on video and photo though few complain of FCs which i honestly havent experienced

2. FM - will check and update

3. Bluetooth (A2dp stops working when screen goes off, the next nightly will have it fixed, again when display is on it works fine)

i dont have a mhl adpt to confirm the TVout function

sumatrix said:
I sometimes fail to understand what cyanogen offers that are not in other ROM's like lightening and batista??

1st notable difference - CM7 is 99 MB while other cooked roms are 250mb+

2nd difference - CM7 roms are developed on thier own (Made from scratch ) while other roms are cooked or just tweaked or photoshopped roms

3rd difference - More of AOSP ... sans Samsung Crap like all the unwanted hubs samsung syncs, no Slow touchwiz (Batista and Lightening still rely on touchwiz for UI and HW acceleration)

^^that way we lose so much functinality
1.less video codec support(very imp for 30k phone)
2.Less camera functionality(imp)
3.Bluetooth problems(imp)
4.less eye candy from the superb amoled plus screen(very imp for show off, lol)
5.battery life improvement is a hoax afaik, never got better life
6.browser loses the fluidity and hardware acceleration smoothness
7.just not worth it

finally for everyone their own, for me batista!!!!

ayaskant12 said:
^^that way we lose so much functinality

1.less video codec support(very imp for 30k phone)

2.Less camera functionality(imp)

3.Bluetooth problems(imp)

4.less eye candy from the superb amoled plus screen(very imp for show off, lol)

5.battery life improvement is a hoax afaik, never got better life

6.browser loses the fluidity and hardware acceleration smoothness

7.just not worth it

finally for everyone their own, for me batista!!!!

Been there done that, used Batista 2.2 foxhound /Lightening since 5.x til 6.1/MIUI by Bmarko/ Galnet MIUI and finally moved to CM7, I definitely see improved battery life not huge numbers but atleast 2-3 hrs extra with same equal day to day use ,

1) Codec support issues yes but i use rock player lite and have no issues (Batista/ other photoshopped roms have seek time issues and the audio is ahead of video at times when seeked)

2) Camera works fine to me.. have no issues with camera at all both video and photo

3) Bluetooth works fine, just that a2dp goes off when display switches off which will be fixed shortly

4) Beg to differ... Eye candy is subjective i find CM more eye candy than others

5) Maybe you are one of the unlucky ones .. its again subjective while i surely see a change

6) Have always used Dolphin browser HD, found much better than stock browser

7) Cooked or photoshopped roms are just tweaked stock roms and i always appreciate AOSP so to me its definitely worth

true, for everyone thier own !!! for me original creation .. no photoshopped stock

Don't want to comment on other points right now, but for me battery life on CM7 has been way better than on Stock on all of the Android devices I have owned!

ryanrulez4ever said:
Been there done that, used Batista 2.2 foxhound /Lightening since 5.x til 6.1/MIUI by Bmarko/ Galnet MIUI and finally moved to CM7, I definitely see improved battery life not huge numbers but atleast 2-3 hrs extra with same equal day to day use ,

1) Codec support issues yes but i use rock player lite and have no issues (Batista/ other photoshopped roms have seek time issues and the audio is ahead of video at times when

Does Rock player have HWA?Without that,it will be useless.

Sent from my galaxy s2 with tapatalk pro.

best player is MX PLAYER
it has dual core support
it shows u which decoder is being used
only then i knew that most formats that were being supported OOTB are now being played by SW encoding
yes u can play everything but SW decoding is a battery hog, forget even 3hours 720p video which would have been done effortlessly by the default Rom.
i am using the cm7 mod rite now to see what it offers after reading comments!!
(only after a full nandroid backup of my batista rom)
dont see much battery life improvement, may be after recalibration but wont be significant am sure
may be a 10-40mins here or there

Just hope miui rom gets full support
i think miui is the most user frendly rom
they have put so much neat thots into the UI and usability
great themes(much better than cm7)
many lil tweaks that wud be great if present in all roms e.g, when u hold the home button on lockscreen it can switch on the flashlite!! needed few times in movie theatres and it was better than going thru unlock and all...
i can name many more nice tweaks and tricks from MIUI
only btooth and video codecs are lacking there as in cm7

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

forgot to add, in mx player u can choose the decoding from the screen itself, very handy really

ryanrulez4ever said:
MIUI rocks just waiting for them to get the A2DP functionality working, currently the bluetooth audio stops working when the screen goes off

u seem to be converted from cm7 to miui
just like me and many others
just wish battrry life cud be better

ayaskant12 said:
u seem to be converted from cm7 to miui

just like me and many others

just wish battrry life cud be better

MIUI is again Built on CM7 bits, who doesnt like MIUI / CM7, they are made from scratch and hence deserve my appreciation Sans the bloatware the stockroms add,

out of all the photoshopped stocks i've used so far, i like Sensation rom, for its fluid UI and battery life, Only reason why im unable to use MIUI/CM7 is that the A2dp tunnel disconnects when the screen goes off hence pausing the music . which means every time i have to park my bike and play the song again, but again if i did that the display would consume battery,and i have a hunch that CM9 or MIUI V4 will fix these issues, the only thing we now need is patience ;)

And also Beta ICS for SGS2 Official , Link below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1391245

Back