Shall I go ahead with this Basic config,with this price? Need to Buy before Thursday.

olapon

Disciple
Hi,

Need an urgent(will be buying it before Thursday)PC for home use. Got the below price for a the CPU box from District Center,janak Puri.

shall i go ahead with this buy.

can spent max 11000 for the whole box willing to buy DDR3 board for future upgrade

Intel Dual Core 3.0 -2950
G-41 MSI - 2300 (they say it is ddr3 Board)
500 Gb Segate HDD -1675
2gb DDR-3 - 1100
Intex/ATX 4 cabinate -750
DVD RW- 825
I'll use my old CRT Monitor,Keyboard & mouse.

Total-9600

above config from Lenove,HP cost around 17000 with 1 year warranty,but price diff is holding me back for not to go ahead with branded ones.
Purpose, net surfing + connecting to Remote machines 2 or 3 max once in a week for 10 hrs(whenever I'll work from home).

I am not averse to AMD also.

Thanks.

Re: Shall I go ahead with this Basic config,with this price? Need to Buy before Thurs

Your dealer might not stock AMD ones. So try to get the quote for,
AMD AthlonII X2 250 (3.0GHz, 2 cores ) ~ 2.7k
Asus M4A78LT-M LE ~ 2.75k

If you dont find these or get a very high quote then stick to the intel config. It should do fine for your usage. Try to get the Gigabyte G41 DDR3 board. If not available then go with the MSI one.

Rest of the config looks fine.

Re: Shall I go ahead with this Basic config,with this price? Need to Buy before Thurs

CPU AMD Athlon II X3 440 3300
Motherboard Asus M4A78LT-M LE 2700
RAM Corsair Value 2GB 1333MHZ CL9 1100
HDD Seagate 7200.12 500GB 1700
Cabinet CM ELITE 310 1500
OD
Monitor
PSU FSP Saga II 350w 1500
K&M
Speakers
GPU
Total 11800
buy this much better and powerful than the rig shopkeeper suggested u for just 800 bucks more... If u want this rig to b strictly within 11k then buy athlon II X2 250 ~ 2700

i agree to what darkangel said. and it should fall for cheaper than the intel you have thought of.

yep..totally agreed with Darkangel n de.das.dude.
Config suggested by Hades seems to be fine. You can drop the CM310 for some other brand cabinet.That would save you some money for other products.

Same case for FSP Saga as you wont find that in JanakPuri District Centre(DC).
Prefer some good branded PSU.
Try contacting Striking Zone or Utkarsh Computers in District Centre.They are the best places to purchase computer hardware in DC. Prices are similar to Nehru Place market give or take 100-200 bucks, not more than that.

P.S. Avoid transcend and Kingston. Prefer Corsair RAM as its a much better RAM and comes with 10yrs warranty.
It would be hard to find Corsair in District Centre,Janakpuri but i think only Utkarsh Computer stock them.

@harpreet

the case dat i have suggested is a decent case and it has way better build quality than any cheap zebronics or intex cabby... Plus it has good airflow and space...

Hades. said:
@harpreet

the case dat i have suggested is a decent case and it has way better build quality than any cheap zebronics or intex cabby... Plus it has good airflow and space...
i think harpreet wanted to suggest a compromised cabinet instead of processor ... in case of strict budget

@Hades,

i hope @kartikoli cleared the point i made in my previous post.

@karti and harpreet
the rig that i have suggested completely fits in his budget...
And i have told op that if u want to buy a rig strictly within 11k then buy athlon II 250 instead x3... See guys ya'll wanna suggest him a powerful proccy by compromising on components like psu and cabby... Even if someones on a low budget he shud never compromise on a good quality psu... psu is the thing on which life of other components depend... For eg cpu,gpu, motherboard,hdd etc... A good quality psu supplies pure and stable current in pc's components... If op wanna compromise on a psu he shud make sure he is compromising on the life of other components...

@Hades, i never said that you should compromise with PSU.
Check my initial post:
"Same case for FSP Saga as you wont find that in JanakPuri District Centre(DC).
Prefer some good branded PSU. "

have i post that he should buy cheap PSU ??
But yeah, he can compromise with cabinet. That's no issue.
Well if one can get a faster processor by compromising with cabby, then why not opt for this option ?
He's not going to OC it, or adding some high power consuming component which generate a lot of heat, so air-flow is not much concern.
Same air flow can be provided by other cabinet also.

And your suggested config with Athlon II X3 440 is "THE BEST":cool2:
And CM 310 is mere a show-off kind of thing:bleh: for a person whose max budget is 11k.
I negated the FSP with some other branded PSU as its not available at the OP's place of purchase.
I know this as that market is just walking distance from my place and i too asked for FSP SAGA there but no one stock it.
Even, i had to purchase some other brand PSU as its not available locally.

310 is a low end case. How in the world someone wud showoff this case :D...it does wat it shud do... See normal cheap intex and zebronics cabbys are not even midtower cases so if op in the future changes his mind for gaming the cheap intex cabby wont b even able to take in mid range cards like hd5770... And even if the cabby somehow takes the card in it wont b able to provide good airflow which gpu requires. So thats y i am suggesting him a decent cabby... At the end of d day its op's call if he wanna buy zebronics cabby he shud buy it afterall its his money... :)

Hades. said:
At the end of d day its op's call if he wanna buy zebronics cabby he shud buy it afterall its his money... :)
Yep, right said. Lets wait what OP has decided...

We all have suggested perfect config what he can get within his budget and location of purchase.

Thanks, each & everyone for there valuable inputs.

But guys, I am all in moon now & confused, when you all talked about psu,gpu (all related to cabinets).I was all concentrating only on processor & mobo.
I have restricted myself to commit 11000 max, but can shell 2 k more now.

My intended purpose will again be same, netsurf & not more that that,No gaming. so does air flow & all is applicable for my config.

@harpreet89;I'll take the lead & make sure I'll get my system from Utkarsh, as it is recomended here.

I am contacting few of the dealers to get quote for amd recomended by @Darkangel & @ Hades.

Sure to go for:
1.Corsair Value 2GB 1333MHZ CL9 -1100
2.Seagate 7200.12 500GB - 1700
3.DVD- RW - 825

As, I have increased total by 2K from actual 11K.So after spcding the above,I would be left with 8300 to spent on Processor,Mobo & Cabinet.

With my limited sum of 8000 around, please suggest me mobo,proccy & cabinet combo.

^^ DarkAngel & Hades already suggested. That combo is more than enough for above said purpose.

olapon said:
Thanks, each & everyone for there valuable inputs.

But guys, I am all in moon now & confused, when you all talked about psu,gpu (all related to cabinets).I was all concentrating only on processor & mobo.

I have restricted myself to commit 11000 max, but can shell 2 k more now.

My intended purpose will again be same, netsurf & not more that that,No gaming. so does air flow & all is applicable for my config.

@harpreet89;I'll take the lead & make sure I'll get my system from Utkarsh, as it is recomended here.

I am contacting few of the dealers to get quote for amd recomended by @Darkangel & @ Hades.

Sure to go for:

1.Corsair Value 2GB 1333MHZ CL9 -1100

2.Seagate 7200.12 500GB - 1700

3.DVD- RW - 825

As, I have increased total by 2K from actual 11K.So after spcding the above,I would be left with 8300 to spent on Processor,Mobo & Cabinet.

With my limited sum of 8000 around, please suggest me mobo,proccy & cabinet combo.
dont get confused just get what is recommended ..... it is good , cheap ,reliable config in the said budget

Hi Guys,

Decided on the final config to buy:

CPU AMD Athlon II X3 440 -3300
Motherboard Asus M4A78LT-M LE -2700
Corsair Value 2GB 1333MHZ CL9 -1100
Seagate 7200.12 500GB - 1700
DVD- RW - 825

Just need your final updates on the 2 queries:

1.Any other Mobo if the above not available.
2.Cabinet & PSU : I always assumed that when we buy cabinet, it comes with power supply.I assumption was wrong, reading all the above.
So for holding all of my above config, suggest me any decent cabinet.I can spent 2K.

GIGABYTE GA-MA74GM-S2 @ 2.4k
or Try Biostar 7XX mobo @ 2.8k(i dunno exact price)

Zebronics Bijli @ 1.2k (or) COOLER MASTER Elite 310 @ 1.6k
FSP Saga II 350W @ 1.5k / 400W @ 1.9k :cool2:
or
Gigabyte 460W Superb @ 2.1k

Among three PSU, i would order them in this way, considering your rig config

GB 460W > FSP 400W > FSP 350W

Now its upto you to choose one.

Laugh it off, if its silly.

Will there be any issues in installing windows XP in AMD machine?

olapon said:
Laugh it off, if its silly.

Will there be any issues in installing windows XP in AMD machine?

As u wish, :rofl::rofl::rofl: :eek:hyeah:

No issues dude. Install 2000 if u wish. No probs.

But IMO, Windows 7 is waaaaaay better than XP, in all aspects and it's compatibility mode allow us to use pretty older softwares too. So my choice will be 7 over XP.

Final price updates got from DC,janak Puri:

All recomended config:

AMD x3 440 :3450
asus 780 :3000
2gb corsair:1250
500gb seagate:1750
cm elite 310 +FSP saga 350W:3300 (400W , not available)
DVD-820

total:13570

guy suggested 785 MSI mobo also for extra 550(it is has some hdmi port & so on he explained)

this is not much beyond my budget of 13000 and near my house.I am expecting price to be down 500 in NP.

If this proice is good. shall i go ahead & buy with confidence(I got it when you all helped me).

Back