Shame on Indian Media and shame on us

Yamaraj said:
A nation, which doesn't respect its soldiers doesn't deserve to exist.

That's reaching a bit here, you can be sure the nation will be looking after his family, not that it can ever replace a lost member.

But just cos the media doesnt cover it, to me means there is less govt intervention here. Are you asking for more, cos then we will be told how to do things much more then.

I hardly think thats an improvement.

medpal said:
as the number of news channels are increasing in India the content and the presentation are degrading rapidly.

Now a days i have restricted myself to news gathering via RSS on pc and a few shows i do watch are Sportscentre on ESPN, IBH on CNBCTV18, sometimes 9 pm news show on NDTV 24 x 7 / Times Now / CNN IBN. (out of these three Arnab Goswami has my vote at present moment of time).
Yep, i stopped using the tv for news a long time ago, and started to use the web and printed media. Now you can get to read what ppl from diff countries think about a topic and even get to debate it on the numerous forums out there. This isnt just a sign of media getting bad here, its an international thing and worse in some countries than others.

The days of being spoon fed via tv are over :clap:

kippu said:
nah ...lets everyday sit down and listen to the news about who died and the crying faces of his family ...sure that will be wonderful for the morale of the nation

That would be 10x the news than Big B calling Sanjay Dutt his son's bigger brother.

blr_p said:
That's reaching a bit here, you can be sure the nation will be looking after his family ...

I'm not so sure after watching on TV the story of a widow, who was denied a govt-promised petrol pump, only because a local politician wanted the same for himself. Of course, she got it (?) after the news was aired on national television, but only after 7 disappointing years. There are even more such stories about the families of deceased soldiers, and even soldiers in Pakistani jails that our government doesn't give a crap about.

In 1962, soldiers were denied access to ammunition, only because of Jokerlal Nehru and his pro-China policies. They lost their lives because of political low-life. And they're losing it on the India-Bangladesh border, in J&K and in Siachen. Our government has enough funds to publish full-page ads with photos of Sonia, Rajiv, Indira, Laloo and other creatures, but apparently lack the same to make our soldier's lives better. In case you didn't know, many lose their lives only because the government doesn't provide enough bullet-proof vests to the personnel.

How about not increasing facilities and allowances of the MPs and ministers for an year, in order to make sure that a soldier doesn't lose his life in the first place, in stead of bickering over his death?

kippu said:
nah ...lets everyday sit down and listen to the news about who died and the crying faces of his family ...sure that will be wonderful for the morale of the nation

Why are you being so negative and sarcastic about it?

Ank1t said:
Why are you being so negative and sarcastic about it?

Dont worry about him dude, few ppl are dropped on their head as babies. Supposedly it affects the logical thinking parts of the brain

As i said the least one can do is be empathetic about the incident if not donate anything.Show some sympathy as a human though that major and his family deserve much more. Few ppl here act like its a loss of money and life to even do that.

kippu said:
...but putting their names and their life story on the media ...whats it going to do? ..you want them to start an obituary channel?

Who got personal first??!!!!! Anyways I wont post again in this thread though started by me

as i repeated earlier before , i have the highest respect for the soldiers and the ordinary people who lay their life for their country ... BIG RESPECT , but i donot think giving media coverage to the people who die is going to make this country patriotic .... on the other hand its going to increase the terrorists attacks and more deaths because its getting them coverage which is exactly what they want ..... it will also mean the media will be milking attention of a nation over a family's personal tragedy ... this is my own personal opinion and yes u are free to attack my thoughts on it

and my "you " in my earlier post was just a general thing and not directed towards anyone in particular

The media is always over-eager to showcase the crying family members of scums/terrorists/gangsters killed during encounters in gujarat and kashmir.Let's just watch those instead and feel sorry for those pathetic good for nothing creatures !!!!

as i repeated earlier before , i have the highest respect for the soldiers and the ordinary people who lay their life for their country

It's a bit too late for damage control.

kippu said:
as i repeated earlier before , i have the highest respect for the soldiers and the ordinary people who lay their life for their country ... BIG RESPECT , but i donot think giving media coverage to the people who die is going to make this country patriotic .... on the other hand its going to increase the terrorists attacks and more deaths because its getting them coverage which is exactly what they want ..... it will also mean the media will be milking attention of a nation over a family's personal tragedy ... this is my own personal opinion and yes u are free to attack my thoughts on it

and my "you " in my earlier post was just a general thing and not directed towards anyone in particular

Giving media coverage, what sensible people meant, was just a mention of it in the news.:cool2:

Not the saas-bahu type melodrama that news channels convert any incident into.:no:

And no one is attacking you pal- when such a thread is made, the OP's sentiments are as clear as a white saree in the rain.:ashamed:

So if you pass dry remarks instead of having sympathy/empathy for the victim and his family, it's you who has attacked the sentiments of others.

And this entire topic has got nothing to do with patriotism but more with social responsibility imho.:cool2:

One may post his or her opinion coz it always better to look at a thing from all points of view(and who would know that better since you view your objects from so many points of view:p).

But your statement came in a very laid back and crude way- i am not attacking you- just merely stating how your posts appeared.:cool2:

The media , even if they get personal gains in terms of TRP rating if associated with a soldiers death is better for the country as of a whole . unless questions are asked there is no implementation that will follow . This is the same strategy that is being used since thousands of year . when there is discontent or trouble or at times of war , the government starts games or entertainment . This was the very reason why colleseums were built in rome .
I guess a similar point was raised on the forums before .

The end of the fact is that if there is awareness , and people are asking questions there will be some action taken . without which its an endless game of repetition .

BIKeINSTEIN said:
....And no one is attacking you pal- when such a thread is made, the OP's sentiments are as clear as a white saree in the rain.:ashamed:
So if you pass dry remarks instead of having sympathy/empathy for the victim and his family, it's you who has attacked the sentiments of others.

...But your statement came in a very laid back and crude way- i am not attacking you- just merely stating how your posts appeared.:cool2:

Well Said..

Back