Hathway Shameless ISP: Help file complaint in consumer forum

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Guys thinking of complaining to consumer forum about hathway.

Long story short: As usual opted for 6 months plan and since August 12 last yr suddenly hathway started behaving absurd. Internet would stop working from 1p to 10p during my office time. But used to work perfectly rest of the time. Daily complaints, service requests and finally some zonal head came in contact and he too wasnt able to deliver/resolve the issue. I know something was wrong with the hathway modem and finally playing with their petty experiments, on Jan 12 this year they replaced the modem after 5 months of havoc and then changed the entire cable which fixed the issue completely.

Now what I seek is just extension of the period I suffered for aka 5 months (or at least 4 months) for the period we suffered harassment with our jobs at stake.
Till now I wasn't interested in any monetary compensations but now I will via legal way.

Nor their nodal is responding to my repetitive reminders but twitter as well simply says we are working bla bla!!. Also mailed to their billing dept. as per conversation with their CC but to no vail. Shameless ISP ever dealt with!
1613569544035.png

Now really want to teach them lesson and recover hefty amount for harassment since 8 months, or complete refund with interest or a lifetime or prolong free internet.

My plan is due for expiry next week yet this is how they serve their customers.

So kindly help file complaint... which site to approach and the procedure

Last edited:
Maybe try filing a complaint in consumer forum. That should help. Share the screenshots and mention that this has taken a mental toll in your life. This is what I would do as well. [emoji848]

They redirect to Consumer Helpline for non-government complaints. So, skipping a step makes it a bit faster.
Helpline? You mean speaking on phone to someone?
How good is the response and most imp. the actions thereafter.
Or do we need to keep following up with some plain no. provided for ages/..

Helpline? You mean speaking on phone to someone?
How good is the response and most imp. the actions thereafter.
Or do we need to keep following up with some plain no. provided for ages/..
Nope, they have a form with the category and list of companies under the category. I have registered at least half a dozen complaints on it. If the company is prompt, they even respond within an hour. Most respond within a week. Worst response I received was from ICICI after 2 months.

Nope, they have a form with the category and list of companies under the category. I have registered at least half a dozen complaints on it. If the company is prompt, they even respond within an hour. Most respond within a week. Worst response I received was from ICICI after 2 months.
Nice! Do we need to atach any evidences etc? I do have whatsapp chats with the zonal head who asked me to ping him directly during such issues and he used to raise request/forward further for a fix. Also, have nodal emails and tweets!

Nice! Do we need to atach any evidences etc? I do have whatsapp chats with the zonal head who asked me to ping him directly during such issues and he used to raise request/forward further for a fix. Also, have nodal emails and tweets!
Yep, more proof the better.

More shocking to me compared to ISP behavior is that, you still want to continue with same isp. Whatever you want in return from them is different thing but why dont you opt for different ISP after so much frustrating experience? Whats you location btw?

More shocking to me compared to ISP behavior is that, you still want to continue with same isp. Whatever you want in return from them is different thing but why dont you opt for different ISP after so much frustrating experience? Whats you location btw?
I would have but other ISPs around are more b**shit like tikona and youbb. Joister is there as well but reviews are mixed like hathway so not willing to risk/invest if ever gonna get similar exp.
But where exactly to head on heir site?
1613585810310.png

Do I need to opt for either of those apps? Isnt there plain online thing without app involvement?
And I assume we first need to signup as well.

Last edited:
I always recommend never get long term plans for exactly this reason. Pay month to month. Pay a little extra. ISPs or at least their employees tend to take long term customers that have prepaid for granted.

Apply for disconnection, they are likely to offer you something. Else I feel you are going down a hole where the effort might not be worth the reward.

Last edited:
I would have but other ISPs around are more b**shit like tikona and youbb. Joister is there as well but reviews are mixed like hathway so not willing to risk/invest if ever gonna get similar exp.

But where exactly to head on heir site?
View attachment 100457

Do I need to opt for either of those apps? Isnt there plain online thing without app involvement?
And I assume we first need to signup as well.
INGRAM | Consumer Login (consumerhelpline.gov.in) is the direct login link.

Thanks!
Just lodged my grievance! Docket no. received.
Now whats next? Will they call me or its completely online procedure further?
I have attached all profs etc.
As soon as the complaint is escalated and is forwarded to hathway.
Hathway executives will themselves contact you and the people from the govt would also give you a call a couple of times may be.
Firstly to understand your issues and then to check if any resolution has been provided.
All the best

@nRiTeCh do update has with the resolution, how much time it took and your feedback.
Only received a single call from hathway today morning stating I have already got free 2 month etc. crap where they dont even understand why I have raised query and nodals are also confused.
She said she will get back to me after talking with nodal but nothing yet..

Patience.... I had my my money stuck with Punjab National Bank for more than a month. After running pillar to post, finally got all of my refunds.
It will get resolved.

Back