Share Music Covers You Like (Or Dislike)!

kidrow

Adept
Hey all,

Share links to cover versions of songs here, irrespective of genre. Share if there's a cover you like (or even find lame!).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blabbering -

I'm one of those (a minority?) who love 70's/80's pop but whose staple diet is actually hard rock/metal. & I tend to like the occasional contemporary pop song as well. So it's a delight when any of these pop songs are covered by rock/metal bands. It's the best of both worlds!

With Youtube, these songs have become a lot more accessible, & I keep discovering new ones. There have also been times that I thought the cover was the original for many years, before Youtube proved me wrong. So I'm hoping this thread could serve to satiate the appetite of members with similar music interests.

End Of Blabbering.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd request everyone to share links to the cover as well as the original, if possible. & again, share irrespective of the genre.

Thanks for your time!

& to get the ball rolling-

Gimme Gimme Gimme-

Lovin' this Malmsteen cover
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You Spin Me Round-

Lovely Dope cover

Cover/Tribute/Inspiration(??) by Flo Rida - Thumbs down from me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Diver-

^Can't beat the original though.

Hey Kidrow!

We probably have the most contrasting tastes ever. :p I love video game and classical music. So when there's a classical cover of a video game song, I immediately fall in love with it. :p

Right now, I have been into the Touhou soundtrack (search for Touhou on Wikipedia or something if you don't know what that is). The game is decent, but the fact that there are SO many covers on every song really makes it very appealing to me! :)

Here's an example...

And here's a piano remix of the song, because I love piano. :)

I'm trying to learn this piece on piano. Haha :) . So yeah, thanks for sharing your tastes in music!

If you check out the latest youtube sensations like Chester See, Tiffany Alvord, Megan Nicole, Tyler Ward, Sam Tsui, Jason Chen
They all make great covers. Some even better than the original one.
And my current favorite is Max Schneider's version of Not Over You. Seriously, it could give the original a run for its money

Back