Sharing Drives in Vista

I am unable to Share Drives on Network :
2 Computers with Vista
1 Notebook with Vista
3 Computers with XP

Problem only with Vista system.

Thanks in Advance.

ok i had same problem sharing my download pc's drive with my main pc , in vista select the drive u need to share on network and right click and select share , in properties set it to read , write both . now on other pcs do the same . all computers on the network should have same workgroup name .
when u click on my network places, u should be able to see the other PC's names and when u will click them it will show u drives , now if u cant access the drives , if u get unable to access , admin permission required etc error , it means that u dont have same user accounts and passwords on both pcs
now , put same user account on the vista pcs and same passwords , for that go to control panel -> user accounts and change account name / password as required . Blank passwords are not allowed ! , so put same password on both system and restart . now u will be able to share drives . :D ,
after that if it asks for password on each login and u dont want it to ask password each time then
1 Go to run from start menu or press windows key + R
2 then type> control userpasswords2 -> press enter
3 then uncheck the option that says USERS MUST ENTER A USER
4 Then type the EXACT name of the user you want to autologon and then enter the password .
now u should be able to share drives and auto login as admin on the pcs .

roboghost said:
ok i had same problem sharing my download pc's drive with my main pc , in vista select the drive u need to share on network and right click and select share , in properties set it to read , write both . now on other pcs do the same . all computers on the network should have same workgroup name .
when u click on my network places, u should be able to see the other PC's names and when u will click them it will show u drives , now if u cant access the drives , if u get unable to access , admin permission required etc error , it means that u dont have same user accounts and passwords on both pcs
now , put same user account on the vista pcs and same passwords , for that go to control panel -> user accounts and change account name / password as required . Blank passwords are not allowed ! , so put same password on both system and restart . now u will be able to share drives . :D ,
after that if it asks for password on each login and u dont want it to ask password each time then
1 Go to run from start menu or press windows key + R
2 then type> control userpasswords2 -> press enter
3 then uncheck the option that says USERS MUST ENTER A USER
4 Then type the EXACT name of the user you want to autologon and then enter the password .
now u should be able to share drives and auto login as admin on the pcs .
Thanks a Lot Sir.

I hope, my problem will be solved. Will updated after trying the above method.

Back