Sharp 32A37

amitmk

Adept
There is an ad in todays Mirror.... The Sharp 32A37 for abt 24000 in exchange.

How is this TV... is it HD ready?

Price sounds great to me. And i'm sure Sharp won't be bad. Afetr all they invented the LCD. Specs as mentioned below.

PICTURE

Screen Size 32 LCD 80cm
LCD/PDP ASV / Japan
Backlight System 3 Wavelength
No. of Pixel (H*V) WXGA (1366*768)
Brightness 450cd/m2
Dyanamic Contrast Ratio 10000:1
Native Contrast Ratio 1500:1
Viewing Angle 1760 (H/V)
Blur Reducing System -
Signal Processing 8 Bit
Digital Comb filter 3D Y/C Seperation
High quality picture AQOUS Platform

AUDIO

Speaker 10x4cm*2
Amplifier Digital
Audio Output 10W X 2
Sub Woofer -
Surround yes
Bass Enhancer -
Stereo system NICAM/A2

FUNCTIONS

Dual Picture -
Freeze Yes
OPC Advance
OSD Language Yes
PC compatibility VGA~WXGA
HDMI-CEC AQOUS Link
photo playback system -
HDMI-CEC -
x.v.color -
Deep color -
1080/24P -
Teletext
Tilt & Swivel -/-
ABL( Active Backlight) Yes

TERMINALS

HDMI-In 2
DVI-In -
Component -In 2
S-Video In 1
Video In 3
Monitor out 1 (audio)
Headphone jack -
RGB D-sub 15 pin 1
Digital Audio out -
RS232C 1
USB -
RF 1

TUNER

Analogue PAL/SECAM/NTSC
Digital -

Power

Supply AC 110-240V
Consumption 97W
Stand-by 0.5W

Dimension

WITH STAND Width (mm) 788
WITH STAND Hight (mm) 575
WITH STAND Depth (mm) 235

Without STAND Width (mm) 788
Without STAND Height (mm) 519
Without STAND Depth (mm) 123

Net Weight (With Stand) 11 Kg
Net Weight (With out Stand) 9.5 Kg

Is this Sharp TV comparable to Sony S series / Samsung 4 series?

I'll def go and check the TV... but what I'm asking is if there is a better Hitachi/Panasonic/Song in approx the same price range.

The 24k price is at Vijay sales today. Hope there is no issue with TV which is why they are trying to dispone it.

amitmk said:
Is this Sharp TV comparable to Sony S series / Samsung 4 series?

I'll def go and check the TV... but what I'm asking is if there is a better Hitachi/Panasonic/Song in approx the same price range.

The 24k price is at Vijay sales today. Hope there is no issue with TV which is why they are trying to dispone it.

nope, sharp is lagging behind in image processing,its lcd panel isn't great either with inferior contrast levels compared to sony and samsung lcds,but better then panasonic and LG lcds which have IPS panel.

Hows the Hitachi 32A02Aand 32S02Ain comparison. They are for approx 30k each. Don't know what the diff btw the 2 models is though.

there is an ad in todays mumbai mirror for the Sharp 32A37 at 23.6k WITHOUT any exchange... it just says sale price.

is this a good buy?

Went and saw it at e zone today. Its very bulky and the sound is AWFUL. Its just not loud enough.

Price was 23618 without exchange. Rocking price but BAD sound.

Am going to buy the Samsung B530 tmrw for 36k without exchange (32.5k under exchange)

Anyone knows the Sony 32S550 grey mkt price in Bby (say from an Alpha) ?

amitmk said:
Anyone knows the Sony 32S550 grey mkt price in Bby (say from an Alpha) ?

grey market price of sony should be around 30k to 31k.there might be a another series called KLV-32T550A should cost around 26k in grey market.

adder said:
grey market price of sony should be around 30k to 31k.there might be a another series called KLV-32T550A should cost around 26k in grey market.

Sony S550 32.5k at Alfa. Just checked yest.

But finally picked the Samsung B530 Full HD for 32.5k under exchange (36k without) under Sony Mony's Freedom Offer which was valid till yest. Vijay Sales was quoting 40k for the same TV. E zone was quoting 37k. Alfa was quoting 36.5k !!

Ignored the Sony cause I didn't see any noticeable diff between the Samsung and Sony, got warranty on the Samsung, Samsung is Full HD, Samsung has USB and cause I generally like Samsung TVs and consider them absolute VFM.

sagar_coolx said:
^^ did alfa quote the grey price? if so its absolutely non vfm!

32.5k Sony S550 was the grey price. Samsung 36.5k quoted price was with bill & warranty. They don't have a grey mkt price for Indian TVs.

Back