Sharp VS LG Led TV?

Are Sharp LED TVs on par/better than LG? Which one should I go for?

Confused between
1 - Sharp :

And

2 - LG :

1. Budget: 40k, 50"

2. Viewing distance. 6-8 feet

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.

Ultra HD

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.
Led TV

5. Preference for brands.
Prefer quality over VFM

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?
No

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.
Normal, living Room

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.
Prefer Smart

I found only one yt video on the sharp tv in Tagalog language. Looks like it has 8GB storage. Picture quality looks good. Backlight bleed looks normal for that price point at which they are selling.

I found only one yt video on the sharp tv in Tagalog language. Looks like it has 8GB storage. Picture quality looks good. Backlight bleed looks normal for that price point at which they are selling.

Yep, I also had seen this review before. I was getting inclined towards LG though due to the IPS panel over the VA panel of Sharp. Viewing angles will be wider for me. Or that's insignificant and VA is equally good/better?

If you can, I would suggest going for a Samsung QLED 4k tv, they come in 49inch size, its a onetime investment, but a much reliable TV

fyi these days a lot of TV brand names can be misleading.. Like sharp TVs are actually made by china owned hisense : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hisense#Sharp . Which is not to say its bad because of that, but something to note. Although wikipedia states sharp sued hisense for ruining its brand by making shit tvs.
Personally I always associate LG with quality

You should go to a show room and see with your own eyes. I think VA panel is equally good if you're watching from a distance. Both VA and IPS have 170+ degree viewing angles.

Have you thought about one plus qled tv?
Oneplus was out since I was only looking for upto 50" and couldn't find this size. Also the reviews on Amazon are not that good.

Also the challenge is to visit the showroom, thanks to the lockdown..
Post automatically merged:

Post automatically merged:

fyi these days a lot of TV brand names can be misleading.. Like sharp TVs are actually made by china owned hisense : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hisense#Sharp . Which is not to say its bad because of that, but something to note. Although wikipedia states sharp sued hisense for ruining its brand by making shit tvs.
Personally I always associate LG with quality
Thanks for the info, did not know about it..

Well hisense has also officially launched in india they too make good tv`s but as usual the best models are not being launched in india they are offloading their global inventory

Back