Shifting to MTNL 256 kbps unlimited

MAGNeT

Skilled
May 4, 2005
Well After being on hathway for so many years...i guess ard 5...on various plan...i m thinking to shift to mtnl 256kbps plan.....i know off late many peeps have started to get low speed frm 2 mbps to 256kbps......but also many still getting 40-50kBps on 256 kbps plan...also steady Rapidshare speeds.....

Reliance and all never connects at my place..and they keep asking documents as if i m not getting internet but applying for passport(they even refuse to take my self attested document ponting that i shd give same signature which i have on pan card).......they never connected ..nor did they returned the document and alll......i even dont know whether they got a fake sim card with my attested document.....

Tata indicom always goes above my head...and no one loves airtel becoz they all started FUP policy.....

I just wanted to know.....whether in mumbai will b able to get speed more than 256kbps on this plan?...i mean even 300-400kbps will do....hathway being 350 buks cheaper offer max 200kbps speed on 256kbps plan..plus many times when i download 100mb file frm rapidshare...at start it goes welll...but when 2-3 mb remains it gets hang and connection die....and all my efforts go waste.....

Should i go ahead...or wait for something new to offer.....

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
^^dude getting more speed is just luck and people who are getting it may get their speeds reduced after MTNL realizes the goofup. So don't see this as a parameter for going for the said connection.

vahss_11

Adept
Jul 30, 2008
i would say go for 849 NU plan, best plan for Downloaders ,,, u can dl around 120-150gb / month, while on 256UL u can dl around 60gb tat too after keeping pc on for 24 hrs,,

MAGNeT

Skilled
May 4, 2005
vahss_11 said:
i would say go for 849 NU plan, best plan for Downloaders ,,, u can dl around 120-150gb / month, while on 256UL u can dl around 60gb tat too after keeping pc on for 24 hrs,,

the prob my side is i get free time at day...and use comp for lot of stocks related stuff...plus night comp on...not allowed myside........plus a day limit plan not helpfull becoz my sis when i m not ard download or go to sites which has lot of flash..or surf mtv type sites for online videos...that will screw me u c........

I know its purely luk.......but ppl get upto 40kBps which is atleast better..if hathway had offered middle path btw 256 and 512 i would had gone...but frm 2 years they r good for no use........they charge more than double for 512 unlimit plan 1600 ard...+ taxes 770 for 256 kbps with all taxes......

plus they increased price from 730 to 770 and never informed i got to know it frm sites like us.....And now i am getting bills which says one of my bills is unpaid......and their guy comes and collect present month bill...i m sure they will mess after sometime thinking i dont have the receipts and all to prove me culprit 4 their goof.....

Its better i leave now...and if i dont get much help frm mtnl will jump bak to hathway later......already have landline so not much probs for me.....

MAGNeT

Skilled
May 4, 2005
okk going for it finally.....

Want to know i have WHR-HP-G54 buffalo router....so do i need mtnl modem or not...if so...and if i go for wireless option.........

shd i have to pay modem rent every month?

EDIT:: Okk what i got is i wont b able to use the present router as it doesnt have modem facility....Now if i get it through MTNL wireless one...will set bak 800 buks...but again ill have to find extra point for router ...which i dont have...so i need to get adsl modem cum router......

Guys plz suggest one...ALso want to know do i need wireless pci card for comp??...or getting the modem cum router will do....