Shifting to MTNL 256 kbps unlimited

MAGNeT

Skilled
Well After being on hathway for so many years...i guess ard 5...on various plan...i m thinking to shift to mtnl 256kbps plan.....i know off late many peeps have started to get low speed frm 2 mbps to 256kbps......but also many still getting 40-50kBps on 256 kbps plan...also steady Rapidshare speeds.....

Reliance and all never connects at my place..and they keep asking documents as if i m not getting internet but applying for passport(they even refuse to take my self attested document ponting that i shd give same signature which i have on pan card).......they never connected ..nor did they returned the document and alll......i even dont know whether they got a fake sim card with my attested document.....

Tata indicom always goes above my head...and no one loves airtel becoz they all started FUP policy.....

I just wanted to know.....whether in mumbai will b able to get speed more than 256kbps on this plan?...i mean even 300-400kbps will do....hathway being 350 buks cheaper offer max 200kbps speed on 256kbps plan..plus many times when i download 100mb file frm rapidshare...at start it goes welll...but when 2-3 mb remains it gets hang and connection die....and all my efforts go waste.....

Should i go ahead...or wait for something new to offer.....

^^dude getting more speed is just luck and people who are getting it may get their speeds reduced after MTNL realizes the goofup. So don't see this as a parameter for going for the said connection.

i would say go for 849 NU plan, best plan for Downloaders ,,, u can dl around 120-150gb / month, while on 256UL u can dl around 60gb tat too after keeping pc on for 24 hrs,,

vahss_11 said:
i would say go for 849 NU plan, best plan for Downloaders ,,, u can dl around 120-150gb / month, while on 256UL u can dl around 60gb tat too after keeping pc on for 24 hrs,,

the prob my side is i get free time at day...and use comp for lot of stocks related stuff...plus night comp on...not allowed myside........plus a day limit plan not helpfull becoz my sis when i m not ard download or go to sites which has lot of flash..or surf mtv type sites for online videos...that will screw me u c........

I know its purely luk.......but ppl get upto 40kBps which is atleast better..if hathway had offered middle path btw 256 and 512 i would had gone...but frm 2 years they r good for no use........they charge more than double for 512 unlimit plan 1600 ard...+ taxes 770 for 256 kbps with all taxes......

plus they increased price from 730 to 770 and never informed i got to know it frm sites like us.....And now i am getting bills which says one of my bills is unpaid......and their guy comes and collect present month bill...i m sure they will mess after sometime thinking i dont have the receipts and all to prove me culprit 4 their goof.....

Its better i leave now...and if i dont get much help frm mtnl will jump bak to hathway later......already have landline so not much probs for me.....

okk going for it finally.....

Want to know i have WHR-HP-G54 buffalo router....so do i need mtnl modem or not...if so...and if i go for wireless option.........

shd i have to pay modem rent every month?

EDIT:: Okk what i got is i wont b able to use the present router as it doesnt have modem facility....Now if i get it through MTNL wireless one...will set bak 800 buks...but again ill have to find extra point for router ...which i dont have...so i need to get adsl modem cum router......

Guys plz suggest one...ALso want to know do i need wireless pci card for comp??...or getting the modem cum router will do....

Back