Shipping a phone from US, would that attract customs ?

cyrux

Adept
I have a relative who is planning to ship a mobile phone back here in Hyd. Now, he wants to know if it attracts any sort of customs. The phone is a motorola Krizr , costs around 9.5k here.
Suppose he send it through fedex or usps and suppose it gets stranded somewhere regarding customs , where would that be , in hyd or mumbai ?
If a custom is levied, how much would it be approx , and should we the pay the courier guys this charge or some other dept ?
Since many people have ordered things from abroad , they can help me through this

.. and whats the best option for courier ? Fedex or something else

Mobiles are probably cheaper in India than US. So unless its a model that you cant get here, then dont bother with the trouble. And it will attract customs at the specified rate.

Raghu.

Its a new one, and yes i know that prices are cheaper here, but then you dont have control over other's decision and people may not take suggestions in the best spirit always

The point is , the phone is already brought and is to be sent to India.

So , where do we clear the customs and whats it gonna charge like ?

^^ customs will be payable "where" its shipped!......
if it can get down to india...without the BOX and other stuff in a lose bag or something via someone....nothing like it...if the relative/fren whoz got it for ya has a friend / relative / known person coming down ANYWHERE in INDIA......not HYD specifically.....get it down here...internal shipping is duty free :p

Dude..if you can get it shipped by USPS it wont attract any duty..but if you get it shipped via Fedex or UPS, be prepared to pay heavy duty.

I ordered my Sennheiser PC-150 off eBay, and since it was shipped through USPS there was zero duty (only octroi), however i had to pay Rs 800 duty on my Intellimouse Explorer 3, since it came via Fedex.

Amaresh said:
Dude..if you can get it shipped by USPS it wont attract any duty..but if you get it shipped via Fedex or UPS, be prepared to pay heavy duty.

Who told you so? :rofl: :rofl:. You were lucky once with your headset thats it :p.

Back